New Machines

Hi! I'm new to this board so look forward to learning more. I have ordered the new Discovery and can't wait!! I have an U II but really need the extra automation (needle up down and one stitch) Maybe we can have a Discovery, Freedom subject catagories. :)

You're going to LOVE your new Discovery! It will help to make your work faster and easier to have some of those added options. It is a super-smooth running machine and the motor is a bit quieter too. I think it is a terrific step up from your Ultimate II. Congratulations!

Of course, I'm happy to talk with anyone who has not yet heard about the Discovery and the Freedom if anyone has questions about them. Post, email or give a call! I'm excited about these new machines!! :o

-Carla

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Girls I must be getting old as I have no idea how this board works...I have been lurking for a bit, but don't know jack about the mechanics of this, but I do know a few more things about my millie since she went back to her birth home for maintenance...she was only gone 3 weeks in all and left a Volkswagon and returned a Cadillac. Thanks to Connie and all the excellent staff at APQS...this was not a paid political announcement...forgive me...I better go back to bed...any tips of communicating would be appreciated...Stephanie in Eureka, CA...4th year in business...named Wolf Moon Studios

Originally posted by BB

I am lthinking about purchasing a Pfaff. Any advice, any competetive pricing? I just Quilt not other types of sewing. Any opinions would be welcome.

I love my Pfaff. Have had it since 2001 maybe...its fantastic. I bought it as closeout for that model maybe...since then they have a little more sleek design, but that don't bother me none. Love the built in walking foot. So nice. Stephanie

Look at the Janome 6500, and they are coming out with a 6600. It has a deeper bed and a large flat work surface. Needle up/down and a built in thread cutter. Comes with all the goodies like a quilting table and quilting accessory pack. Look online at janomeusa.com. We sell thema t the shop I work at and can't keep em in stock!

Caron

If all you do is straight stitching for quilting, you might want to look into a Brother 1500. I love mine. It has a larger throat area than most machines, it is quiet, and stitches about 1500 spm. It is a heavy machine and I love the feel to it. I've had mine for about 4 years and it is a work horse. I also believe it is under $1,000. If you need something other than straight stitching, Brother also has some nice machines that can do everything.:)

I have both a Pfaff (older model) and a Brother PQ1500. Yes, the Brother PQ1500 does a great job for straight stitching, but there are occasions where you will want to do something more than a straight stitch. That is when a Pfaff is better. I love the built in attachment for walking foot.

If I was choosing between the Brother and Pfaff, I would go for the Pfaff.

I had a Juki - straight stitch only. It was a wonderful heavy duty machine, BUT when I wanted to zig zag anything, (like quilt tops and backs to zippers for my longarm), I was in big trouble. Since then I have acquired a Brother 1500, a Bernina 1260 (my baby) and the latest (cuz I can't do just one thing) is my Babylock Ellageo embroidery machine!! It does everything and I love it! An equivalent of my Ellageo is the Singer XL?6000.

sammi

• 2 months later...

Sammi, I acquired a used Ellageo last Fall (04) for emboidery and I am REALLY HAPPY with the way it works for embroidery. It also does a great job with other sewing. Walking foot works very well forstraight line quilting. I wish there were more hours in the day to do stuff with it. I bought the Bernina Designer Plus software (cost more than I paid for the machine) but it makes the possibilities endless..... I have used the Ellageo to quilt beautiful designs on my quilt blocks (after the quilt is layered and basted). NowI really want a Millie!! That is the next step.

Archived