What type of thread works best in your machine?

You are going to get a lot replies with to your question:

Whittled down (over many years of "trying" different brands of thread)

Presently (can change if a new thread outstanding thread appears on the market!!!)

Top threads: Superior Omni, So-Fine and LAVA

Bobbin: Prefer to use Bobbin Central Fil-Tec Magna Glide Delights prewounds. But, if winding my own: Wind with Superior So-Fine.

;)

Debi, here's what I use the most of:

Top threads: So-Fine, Rainbow, Lava, Isacord

Bobbin: Bottom Line, So-Fine, Isacord

I occasionally use YLI or King Tut on top and Bottom Line in the bobbin. When I use my usual combinations, I have one bobbin case that I don't have to adjust at all and very seldom have to even change the top tension. I use a different bobbin case when I quilt with either King Tut or YLI.

My usual thread choice is

Top thread - So fine

Bottom-Bottom Line

I've used Metro and King Tut with no problems. I just like to stay consistent with my threads so I know where my tension is going. At MQX East everyone gets wholesale prices and it's a really good buy. I know a lot of quilters use Isacord which I understand is a better grade of Metro.

I predominantly use glide by filtec in top and bottom and it works great for me. I have metro but don't like it as much, and hardly ever use cotton, just seems to be the way I have evolved and because it is cheaper than cotton I suppose. I love its subtle sheen.

Superior is a great place to have a wholesale account. Their products are good, they ship fast and there is no minimum order. My George loves So Fine and I use it top & bobbin for most quilts where I don't want a shiny thread. It is poly (strong & runs well) but it has a matte finish so it looks like cotton. I would recommend purchasing the thread charts from Superior before you order too much. It's hard to trust the color on the computer screen. Nancy in Tucson

Debi,

I use Superior So Fine, Omni (my new fav), and Isacord (don't even have to change the tension) on the top...

bottom line and magna glides in the bobbin. I will let customers pick their colors from the color charts I have but I choose the brand as I know what my machine works best with.

I only use magna-quilt, magna glide bobbins. Top thread choices are Glide, So-Fine and Floraini (embroidery). I choose the brand of thread for my customers and they choose the colors. Most customers don't really understand how different our machines are from DSMs.

Archived