Long Arm Machine Value--HELP!!!

HEY FOLKS! Okay, I'm new to this and need some help. Actually I am new to a lot of things right now because my husband of 19 wants a divorce. :( (The REASON he wants a divorce was only 3 years old when we got married. . . . .) I purchased an Ultimate (XX?) in 1990-91 for about $8000 and used it only a few months. It is still in my garage. I need to place a value on it for personal property settlement. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT THIS VALUE SHOULD BE?

Dear Hubby says it should be worth $3000. Of course, he also said "until death do us part. . . . ." and a lot of other things. . . . .

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

zoo

Dear Zoo, Can't help you with the value of your machine today, but I can tell you that I bought my ULT 1 in 1994 for just over $8000. Does that help you at all?

My heart goes out to you with the divorce.

Been their & done that myself. Not easy but it does get better. E-mail direct if you would like. Give yourself a hug from me.

Hi Zoo,

So sorry to hear about your divorce. As far as the value of your machine, your husband is right on. It should be worth about $3-$4,000 on the open market. That can vary depending on some of the "extra" stuff if any that you may have to go along with the machine. You may email me or give me a call if you like. (800)426-7233 ext. #6

Take care,

Mark APQS

Guest Linda S

Well, I certainly hope you won't have to sell the machine. It seems it's worth a lot more than your husband is! Sorry to hear about the split, that's never fun, but sometimes, it's an easy way to lose about 180 pounds of ugly fat really fast!

Linda

I hope you keep the machine. Now is a perfect time for you to have some fun in your life and quilt away your troubles. If you are trying to figure out a price because it goes on your side of the asset split (and not because you are selling it) then it's worth less. 1) Hasn't been maintained with oil, cleaning, etc. 2) Doesn't have all the new bells & whistles, and 3) lots of newer machines on the market. Hope you get my drift and I hope you start quilting. Stay in touch my dear.

Jean

I know how you feel, I've divorced twice now. Currently married to husband #3 for 11 years now. He's a keeper.

I agree your machine isn't worth as much if it hasn't been maintained for years, but when you get rid of "the problem" your machine will give you lots of good therapy. Take advantage of the new possibilities coming your way. ;)

. . .given that it hasn't been maintained, etc., etc., so that's what it's worth, right? Just how does your (not-so) DH know what its value is? If you decide you don't want it, then after everything is finalized, then you just might want to sell it, for say $3,000(+/-). Haven't been there, but I agree wholeheartedly with the other gals and, just maybe, keeping your Ultimate will end up being the 'ultimate'. Good luck.

Hi, Best of luck to you. Divorced ex-Dh of 22 years, should have done it 10 yers before. Hang in there and keep the things that you love to do, it will help your sanity. I didn't. I should have. Bought new ones severl years later, sewing machine etc. thanks to a supportive fiancee, now married 3 years and he's a keeper as he supports me completely and has helped be able to do things that I love to do. This year would have been our 30th anniv. so glad that I left and it's number 3 instead. jeri

Archived