Lower camera

We would like to know why you think this is a scam?

We must admit that we are new to this blog type setting. I am sorry if everyone thinks this is a scam. Maybe I should of offered it for $400 or $500 like the other guys do.

My wife said it would be nice to be able to check the back side of the quilt for problems before finding out when you do the take up. So she asked me to take a look at it. I looked on the web and found the big prices that they want for them so I looked into building one from scratch. We just thought others would like one also so that is why we came here. The following is one of the two emails that I sent.

Connie

I am sorry that you feel it is a scam. My wife and I are every day people and do not think we should get rich from the money of other every day people. That is why the price is so low. We just feel that we should make a to make a little for our time. If you would like when I get some pictures I will send them to you. If the pictures look interesting to you let me know. To try to change your thoughts about it we would be willing to send you one to try out for two weeks. The only money that you would be put would be the cost of shipping it back. How does that sound?

Kevin

Sorry about the spelling I was typing it on my Iphone

The second email I gave my phone number.

We are the ones that could get ripped ‘off by not having the camera returned.

We will put them on Ebay or something.

Thanks for a further explanation, Kevin. We've had a bunch of non-quilt related posts lately that have been scams or just kind of annoying. Your original post didn't mention quilting or our machines or anything related to them, so it sounded very much like the other posts we've been seeing.

After seeing your post early this morning, I have to admit that "scam" was the first thing that went through my mind. After reading your additional information, I don't feel that way any longer.

Kevin Wingsthing,

We get a lot of SPAM on this chat. Most times these are from new members with 1 or 2 posts that have nothing to do with quilting at all. Because this was your first post, we all immediately are wary that this is SPAM. Because first, you are new (we can tell) and because second, your post is very brief and not very descriptive and third because your first post didn't say anything about quilts or quilting. So, we read this first message about a camera. OK. Well, so... what does this have to do with a quilt or quilting? You can see why we are cautious because we get a lot of SPAM on this site and we report it to be removed. And the very vague description did raise some red flags for us. So, you have to view this from our perspective (your potential customers) so take this as advice for future advertising. Next time, provide more information, such as a friendly introduction of yourself and your quilty product, and include a web site link, with photos of your product, etc. Doing this might help ease up the fears of the cautious people like us quilty folks that frequent here. Because identity theft is running rampant and all of the weird stuff with scams going on out there, most people (like me) just don't send credit card and personal information out to anyone on the Internet that is claiming they are selling something.

Just my humble $.02

Thank you for your reply. With an engineering back ground sometimes my thoughts do not come out the way they are attended when I type. Many times I can design, build and put into production before others has a grasp on the final product.

Design is complete and awaiting some of the parts. We know a color camera is the desired camera, but would a black and white camera be acceptable?

post--13461907166835_thumb.jpg

My wife has a mid-arm that is for sale. She just bought a Gammill Classic minus with a 14 foot table. Just as soon as the mid-arm sells we are going to open a wall up between two small bed rooms. The Gammill is going back to Gammill for a Vision retro fit. Then I will be cutting the 14 foot frame down to a 12 foot frame sand blasting it and giving it a new paint job. Yes she will testing the prototype. If all runs well I have one already sold to someone in Texas.

What can this camera do that a mirror cannot accomplish? I know quilters who have mirrors they use to see underneath or they do what I do, lean down and look underneath to see. I see the word camera and I think of pictures and I'm not understanding why a camera is needed for this type of thing. Please advise. Thanks.

Like Gable, I wonder if a video camera and screen (which I assume is what we are talking about?;)) would have enough definition to see what I need to see on the back. Does it have a powerful light attached? If I find something out-of-normal, I would still want to eyeball it to figure out how to fix it. Sooo, I think I will wait for more info and feedback to decide if it's something I might need.

I added a picture that we took using an IPhone in one of my other postings obove. As we know when you take a picture of a monitor screen it just is not the best of pictures. It looks a lot better in person Just try it sometime if you have never seen it. When quilting just stop for a moment take a look at the monitor to check the back side of the quilt then right back to quilting. Should not take more than about 2 to 4 seconds to check the stiches.

Guest Linda S

Sorry you got pounced on Kevin. We do get a lot of trolls here and your original message was a bit cryptic. Some of us older gals who dislike having to climb under the quilt to check tension would be interested in seeing what you develop with this. Please do re-register and let us know what you come up with. I'm not real concerned about having a color camera. I think black and white would be fine. What we're looking for is pokies and loopies or railroad tracks, and you can see those no matter what color they are!

Archived