needle postiioner gone wild.

I have had my Lenni for about 2 months now.....and I love the needle postioner. But yesterday the darn thing went wild! It starts and just keeps cycling taking up to 10 stitches instead of just going up or down.

Also sounds just a little rough when I am using it to baste down my quilt top. ( I do off the edge quilting, and don't want the top to fold back over on to itself)

Any suggestions?

Deb,

There is an adjustment that is listed in your manual called the needle positioning speed or one stitch speed. There is a little black plug in the right hand side of your machine on the back vertical cover. If you take that plug out you will see a little gold screw inside, by turning the screw clockwise that will slow the positioning speed down so it won't keep running on. You might have to go a full turn or more depending on how much it runs on. Adjust that screw and then test it with your white one stitch button on the handle so you have a nice even speed up and down. Let us know if you need anything else!! :)

I just had to do the same thing with my milli last night. This was the second time to adjust in 4 years (but I don't use my machine as much as others). It was a little harder to get to the screw this time because I had added IQ and some of those screws were in my way.

Archived