A Few Finished Autumn Quilts

Just finished the round table runner this afternoon and the wall hanging last week. I love autumn colors so these both made me happy to get them done to enjoy them this season. Thanks for looking. Oh, first time to use monopoly(?) thread on the wall hanging, and I like it.

post--13461907159026_thumb.jpg

these are gorgeous....you really did a fabulous job. i love everything about them

as luck would have it, my dining room table is bare for the fall season. shall i forward you my address so you can send them along?

pretty please?

with a pumpkin on top?

Awe, ya'll know how to boost one's self esteem with your generous kind comments. I just got home so let me see if I can answer the questions.

KarenH...patterns are Spinning Sunflowers Topper from magazine Quilters World October 2010 issue and the wall hanging is called Fall Memories from 2005 (www.laundrybaskets.com was on the back of the pattern but I bought it at a quilt store last year and saw it again at one of the booths at AQS Des Moines quilt show two weeks ago).

Meg...sorry but the table topper is going on my dining room table as soon as I can get it cleared off as I have company coming at the end of the month. Maybe next time. ;)

LibbyG...Yes it is a Quiltazoid spirograph 6.3" using Gear C with reducer ring hole #3.

Hope I didn't miss anyone's questions and thanks again for comments.

Those are lovely pieces! And the quilting is great.

I recently took a class from Hollis Chatelain. She does very dense quilting, as you probably know, and uses many different colored threads in the needle, but monopoly in the bobbin. From the front, her quilting is very impressive, but from the back, because of the density, you see the shine of the monopoly - I don't really like the look. She uses a pretty flat batting. I'm curious what batting you use, and whether you get that shine. I totally gave up using YLI because of it. The Superior monopoly is better, but still has that plastic gleam. I've been wondering whether wonderfil is better?

Archived