NorthEast - anybody with APQS in CT???

Would love to see an APQS (even an oldie but goodie) in action.... considering purchasing used and need to see first-hand before making the plunge. There are Gammil's around and Crown Jewels but not much else.... any help would be great - thanks in advance

:) Thanks for all your offers! I appreciate it - Antoinette - you are the closest by far. I'm southeast of Middletown. I was hoping to find someone from CT to watch quilt - not necessarily a rep. Travelling three hours or more isn't exactly beneficial when I might need troubleshooting assistance. I just want to be that fly on the wall for a while after a test drive... I have been hearing good things about APQS... I have heard good about others too. In Colchester there is a women with a few Super Dooper Gammill's - her studio rivals her home!!! But classes are VERY expensive - I would rather put the $$ towards purchase rather than to spend $hundreds just to try it out as a rental.

I quilt on a 1945 Singer 15-91. I am self taught - and I never intend to do more than make quilts for family friends and donations.... Not looking for prizes or payment.... just pleasure. Glastonbury Close to Home has a cheapo Rep Run class later this month on the Jewel which I plan to attend. I have a feeling it is like the Handiquilter.... I see the Demo sales have begun again. I may be in touch for a test drive if I can lie DH to watch the fort.

THANKS A BUNCH _ do let me know if you come across anyone in CT

Hi Ami

There are no dealers in CT but I do have a Freedom SR and would be willing to help you out. Your other option is to go to some of the APQS road shows, or, even better attend the MQX show in Providence RI in April. All the major dealers attend the show and have machines all set up to "play" with. They usually offer some pretty good incentives. It's nice to test drive all the machines and then narrow down your choices.

If you can include your email or phone we may be able to work something out as I live very close to you.

Jean

Archived