Sign in to follow this  
ami

NorthEast - anybody with APQS in CT???

Would love to see an APQS (even an oldie but goodie) in action.... considering purchasing used and need to see first-hand before making the plunge. There are Gammil's around and Crown Jewels but not much else.... any help would be great - thanks in advance

Hmmm.... I'm not seeing any dealers listed in your state but there are some in your neighboring states who'd have machines for you to try.

Here's the dealers in Massachusetts:

http://www.apqs.com/dealers.php?country=us&stateprovince=Massachusetts

i'm in syracuse, which is kinda far, but you are certainly welcome to take lola-baby for a spin.

if you don't get any offers closer, send me an email and we can work something out.

Meg

"Do small things with great love." Mother Teresa

"Life's too short to fuss with thread." Meg Fazio

http://theonewiththreadsonherclothes.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/megfazio

Hi Ami

I'm in Vermont - also not exactly next door. Even so I would be happy to have you come and visit with my Millennium.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Anne

Anne Harmon 802 876 7535 Harmony Quilts & Designs harmonyquiltsvt@gmail.com 2005 APQS Millennium Authorized APQS Dealer

Hi Amy,

I am an APQS rep and have two machines in my studio. I am in central NY, NE of Binghamton. I'd be happy to help you with any questions or a test drive. We are about four hours from Hartford.

My Soul is Fed with Needle & Thread

The Stitch Witch ~ APQS sales, service, education & rental studio

tswquilts@aol.com

http://thestitchwitchstudio.blogspot.com

:) Thanks for all your offers! I appreciate it - Antoinette - you are the closest by far. I'm southeast of Middletown. I was hoping to find someone from CT to watch quilt - not necessarily a rep. Travelling three hours or more isn't exactly beneficial when I might need troubleshooting assistance. I just want to be that fly on the wall for a while after a test drive... I have been hearing good things about APQS... I have heard good about others too. In Colchester there is a women with a few Super Dooper Gammill's - her studio rivals her home!!! But classes are VERY expensive - I would rather put the $$ towards purchase rather than to spend $hundreds just to try it out as a rental.

I quilt on a 1945 Singer 15-91. I am self taught - and I never intend to do more than make quilts for family friends and donations.... Not looking for prizes or payment.... just pleasure. Glastonbury Close to Home has a cheapo Rep Run class later this month on the Jewel which I plan to attend. I have a feeling it is like the Handiquilter.... I see the Demo sales have begun again. I may be in touch for a test drive if I can lie DH to watch the fort.

THANKS A BUNCH _ do let me know if you come across anyone in CT

Hi Ami

There are no dealers in CT but I do have a Freedom SR and would be willing to help you out. Your other option is to go to some of the APQS road shows, or, even better attend the MQX show in Providence RI in April. All the major dealers attend the show and have machines all set up to "play" with. They usually offer some pretty good incentives. It's nice to test drive all the machines and then narrow down your choices.

If you can include your email or phone we may be able to work something out as I live very close to you.

Jean

Ami.... I'm not that far from you. I live about three hours from you in New York....about an hour south of Albany. Let me know if I can help.

Bonnie Botts

APQS Sales Rep - Certified Service Technician

APQS Millennium 2006---MJ

APQS Millennium 2004---Lucy

405-533-1025 home

518-935-3832 cell

"Absolute rules are about as useless in making quilts as they are in raising children" Carter Houck---1992