IQ feed back?

A computerized system is a big investment but Gee I love my IQ. I love computerization period though. I still do alot of my quilting freehand also.

What I love about the IQ is it doesn't hold my machine HOSTAGE. What I mean by that is I can move it anytime I want to and I can freehand at anypoint that I want to. No cables or anything to attach or unattach when I need it. I find it is the best tool I have ever had.

If you do take some time to think about it I am happy to do show you some of the really advanced features online right in front of your eyes. The features of IQ are great for the ETE quilter or the ARTIST. So much you can achieve with this system. Whether you purchase designs or create your own. It is a great tool to have.

All the best to you in your decision. Your creativity will only SORE with IQ. You will find yourself quilting alot of things and not just quilts. Way fun to use.

Grammie Tammie

Donna,

I've had IQ for a month or so...... It's cool . Last night I quilted a small wallhanging quilt that my coworker made... it's for local charity fundraiser during Veteran's Day... it's a quilt of valor) andit looks exactly like the POW flag and I added some eagles, and some patriotic quilting and it turned out so awesome. I'm so proud of it. It took less than 1 hour I was amazed. Really cool. I saved for 3 years (until I made a profit with my business) and I paid for it cash on the barrel - no loan. But you can do whatever you want. I love my IQ

I've had the IQ for almost 3 years now and still love it. Just this week I quilted one block of several using the record feature and only had to really do the one. I saved the pattern I freehanded and put it in all the other blocks. I've recently fallen in love with the path pattern, just mark a line (path) and add a pattern and the IQ automatically fills in the whole line to fit. If the pattern is too dense, I just subtract the repeats till it looks right. The greatest part about this feature is that the line can be wonky, just like borders can be wonky and the pattern follows the line smoothly. You can use border patterns, but I often use non interlocking pantos and they work great.

Love our IQ. We only had our Millie a year, added the Bliss rails then we ended up getting IQ. Best decision we ever made. I love being able to take the tablet and sit in front of the TV to customize a pattern I've downloaded. Just did a snowflake pattern for our first custom quilt. I downloaded a panto of snowflakes from digitechpatterns then split out the snowflakes and loops I wanted. I recombined them to fit large triangles that were around the outside of her quilt. Then revised that pattern again to fit the four smaller triangles that were in the corners. Client was thrilled and I really enjoyed the time spent designing.

Guest Linda S

I've had my IQ since July 15th. My only regret is that I didn't get it sooner. I generally did one quilt every week or two. The first week I had my IQ, I did five quilts! It's so fun and easy to use. Well, I guess if you're a computer geek, which I am. I have the best time playing with designs on the machine.

Linda

I've had my IQ for a couple years now. My only regret was that I didn't get it sooner. I spent all kinds of money on the CL, topper, pattern boards, stencils, rulers etc. All worked like they advertized however, they were still a lot of work. I should have used that money to buy the IQ first. It's a large investment but add up how much all the other stuff costs. I can do wonders with IQ and it's simple. You can even get patterns to do vests, placemats, totes etc on your LA. I love how Grammie put it, my machine isn't hostage and neither is the IQ. Guess what, it even lets you know when the bobbin is empty (it stops sewing). The customer service is "wonderful". Zoltan listens and provides updates "free". If there's something wrong, he has you send the computer logs and fixes the problem. Hitomi, recommend you join the IQ yahoo group and hang out for awhile or read the posts as far back as you want to go. I'm going to an advanced class next week and we're going to make wholecloths. Ok enough you get my opinion, I LOVE MY IQ!!!!

I've had my IQ for about 2 years and totally love it. I would never have had the time to practice to get as good as a lot of the quilters on this list and quilt as pretty as the IQ does for me. I feel like I can get twice as much done now. Especially when I have a dense panto on the machine that might take a half hour to stitch out a row then I can do alot of piecing on another quilt or make the binding strips. Sometimes, I just straighten up while its stitching. IQ is so versitile and does such beautiful work that I can't wait to make the next quilt to see what it can do. I highly recommend it. Kerri

Keep talking people and you'll have me on that darn waiting list too!!! I ordered the 30 day free trial of the Swirlz board from Circle Lord. I decided to be the one person who sent it back!! I think I would have ahd fun with it from time to time but my customers want more custom stuff. I haven't had a scrappy quilt in ages. I do thin it would be a real asset to be able to duplicate my freehand in repeated shapes in a quilt if you know what I mean. Like the set-in triangles or corners, sashing etc. I had a quilt recently that had 8 diamonds around the center medallion. It would have been nice to let IQ duplicate that area design in stead of me having to draw it 8 times!!! Hummmmm!!!

I loved the Circle Lord, especially the large template boards but they are limiting to edge to edge. Guess what, after I added up the amount I spent on the boards, the light came on! I could have put the same amount into an IQ which can do anything. I got the IQ, still need to sell my CL stuff but having trouble seperating myself from them even though they are gathering dust. I have 3 boards that are still in the box, never opened.:o:o:o

Debbie, you should do it. You will love it. I waited 6 years before getting mine and keep asking myself why I waited so long? It has freed me up to work on my other machine and almost double my production, or I can catch up on paperwork while IQ stitches for me. I am soon going to be getting a second one! It is amazing what IQ can do.

Thanks Patty for the response here and the personal attention. Boy, would I love to come to Florida for an IQ Demonstration and a little R & R!!! I'm getting sooo tempted!!! Not for the trip to Florida, I mean the IQ!!!

I spend all my spare time (and then some) in cold ice rinks watching my grandson play hockey!!! I love watching him working on his goalie skills!!! No trips to Florida for hockey right now but a friend of a friend was drafted into the NHL on a team in Miami!!! He was only 18 yrs old!! Maybe we'll get invited to see him play!! Ha!! Ha!!!

Hitomi,

I think my hubby Brian had the privilege of visiting with you at MQX West in the IQ Booth! He mentioned a lovely lady from Hawaii!

Of course I'm very biased, but I love my IQ. Before I got my IQ, I had ran a machine with a Statler Stitcher for several years. The IQ is so much more intuitive and user friendly that I immediately started doing the majority of my quilting on the IQ machine, and eventually sold the Statler. I haven't regretted it for a minute!

I have been a longarm quilter since 1996, so I've done a LOT of freehand quilting. I still LOVE to freehand quilt, but there are some things that the IQ just does better, or times the IQ can do the quilting while I'm working on something else. One of the things that really sets the IQ apart is how easily you can switch from computer guided to hand guiding your machine. Just a touch of a button and the motors are raised and you are ready to go. On a custom quilt I am switching back and forth all the time--something I wouldn't have even considered with my other system.

There are some really great resources available to you while you are making your decision about an IQ. There are many videos listed on the IntelliQuilter website, it's a great way to see many of the great features. Some of the videos are older, done on earlier software revisions, but they are still informative. www.wik-iq.com has some how-to articles and "boosters" (step by step instructions for doing a particular thing), and another training website at www.intelliquiltertraining.com. Connie is right, the best resource for you will likely be the Yahoo IQ group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IntelliQuilter/messages.

If you have any questions or want to just chat with me from the user side of things, don't hesitate to call me or send me an email. :)

Shannon Hicks

Piece and Joy Quilting, LLC

"Perfectly Imperfect digitized designs for the discerning quilter"

IntelliQuilter dealers/installers

Longarm, IQ and digitizing workshops

(509)687-0359

shannonmhicks at live dot com

P.S. I am also seriously interested in getting an APQS after trying one on the Bliss system. I had a very nice visit with Mark at MQXW. :) It would finish my circuit--I will have owned each of the 4 major brands of machines in 15 years of quilting! I've learned to "never say never". I believe in always seeking out the best tools for me to do what I want to do, and those needs have continued to change over the years. My first machine didn't even have a needle positioner/single stitch button!!! Those were the "olden days", but not so golden in the world of longarm quilting!

Shannon Hicks

Piece and Joy Quilting, LLC

"Perfectly Imperfect digitized designs for the discerning quilter"

IntelliQuilter dealers/installers

Longarm, IQ and digitizing workshops

(509)687-0359

shannonmhicks at live dot com

Archived