Oriental Tudor Roses ....

Just wanted to let you know that I was quilting in my dreams last night and dreamt of this quilt. I couldn't figure out in my dream which direction you went around the quilt. This morning I pulled up your post and looked. Assuming your ruler (if you used a ruler and if you did...which ruler did you use) was on the left side of your hopping foot it appears you went "down" on the left side, across the bottom to the right, "up" the right side, then across the top to the left. Easier way to put it is "counter clockwise". Is that what you did? I suppose you could have used the other edge of the ruler and went clockwise. Knowing how good you are you probably didn't use a ruler at all just free handed it. Hmmmm.

I can't believe I woke up in the middle of the night trying to figure this out. LOL Your quilt has made an impression on me.:)

Originally posted by oma

Just wanted to let you know that I was quilting in my dreams last night and dreamt of this quilt. I couldn't figure out in my dream which direction you went around the quilt. This morning I pulled up your post and looked. Assuming your ruler (if you used a ruler and if you did...which ruler did you use) was on the left side of your hopping foot it appears you went "down" on the left side, across the bottom to the right, "up" the right side, then across the top to the left. Easier way to put it is "counter clockwise". Is that what you did? I suppose you could have used the other edge of the ruler and went clockwise. Knowing how good you are you probably didn't use a ruler at all just free handed it. Hmmmm.

I can't believe I woke up in the middle of the night trying to figure this out. LOL Your quilt has made an impression on me.:)

Oh Oma...you are truley dedicated to your craft....lol....

I had to take another look and it was "clockwise"....I remembered when I looked at the quilt that it was a little difficult to come down the right side of the quilt, an awkward angle for my wrist....I push the ruler with my hopping foot as I go till the 1/4 inch line is aligned.....of course I used a ruler... I have many but chose to use a 10" Fineline curved ruler from Accents in Design ....the ones with the little handles for gripping.....thanks for keeping my quilt in your dreams!

Thank you for all of the wonderful comments everyone....I really enjoyed just playing around with the design!

Thanks Kay...I just ordered the ruler. I keep telling myself I own EVERYTHING and then find out I DO NOT...LOL. When I went to their site to look at it I could see that it could be used from either side and could be VERY useful. I love your design and plan on using it on a quilt soon.

Archived