Video Tour of IQ mounted on APQS Millennium with Bliss and Hydraulic Lift

AHuffman

I've been getting calls asking how IQ attaches to an APQS machine with Bliss and hydraulic lift so I made a quick video tour. I hope this aids those of you trying to visualize how IQ and APQS machines work so well together!

I've uploaded it in HD so if you have high speed internet, take a look at the video in the highest resolution possible.

Originally posted by Busy Quilting

Tempting, tempting, tempting.

Is there anything specific that needs to be put on a new Millenium in preparation for IQ?

I am thinking of buying a new one with the idea of then saving for the IQ to put on it in a few years time.

Nope, nothing at all needs to be done to your Mille in order to receive IQ. In fact, the owner of the company runs IQ at his studio with an old APQS Ultimate 1. Cool, eh?

Originally posted by cjtinkle

Thanks for the video Angela. So if we have the hydraulic lift on a bliss table, we'll need to remove the mounting brackets and come up with another way to mount the hydraulic motor, is that correct?

Everything you need to change the way your hydraulic lift will "hang" is provided by Zoltan in the kit if you are doing a self install. The only difference is the hydraulic lift hangs from the cross tubes instead of the lower lip of the rails. You'll be hanging it with heavy duty zip ties that can stand up to the weight of the lift.

I hope that makes sense. :) The only change I wish I'd made was to put the power supply of the lift on the right side of the table if you are standing at the front. In the video you'll see I have the power box for the lift hanging on the left side of the table if you are standing at the front. The problem with that is the switch for the hydraulic lift to raise and lower is ever so slightly too short to be able to attach with zip ties to my handbrake on the belly bar. At some point I'll flip it around but Santa's workshop is very busy right now and if it weren't for a computerized system, I'd be WAY behind.

BTW, if you don't have a lift but you do have Bliss this video tour still applies to that setup but just ignore the shot of the lift and any brown cables you see- those are for the lift only.

Archived