Retiring Feb1st 2007

Well my Retirement date has been tentively set for Feb 1st. YEE HAW.

Lots of paperwork to get completed but the BALL IS ROLLING!!!

I am so excited. I was hoping to go before the end of the year but it takes time to get pensions in place so there it is.

This will be the last Holiday I ever WORK!!!!!!

That is on something other than a quilt. lolol

If I can go sooner than I will. This should be the latest possible date. The beginning of a NEW and WONDERFUL LIFE. Many were shocked at the announcement but happy for me as well.

Guest Linda S

OMG - I am GREEN with envy! :D The earliest I can go is September 1, 2009 and I am counting the days (1027)! I might hang out till January 1, 2010, but I don't know if I'll be able to stand it. Best of luck to you Tammie!

Linda

Tammi, we wish you many happe retirement days filled with quilting etc. There is no retirement for me, since I own a quilt shop, and have no staff to work here, I will go on till the day I drop next to my fabrics or Millie. But then again, I could not imagine a life without quilting, embroidery etc. Who nows, perhaps in the far future?

Sylvia Kaptein

Sylka-Mode

www.sylkamode.com

Yipee- Skipee....Tammie the days will go so fast....and then you will be wondering for the first few days, what do I do first.

But trust me that will only last about one day and then you will hit the deck and not stop....Oh, a suggestion from someone who has done this already....get two pairs of tennie's you will wear them out really fast.:P

Congratulations Tammie. We can all hardly wait to see what you will turn out of that studio of yours when you can be there full time. I am sure we will see some amazing quilts. I am very happy for you, green with envy? You bet, but glad for you. Oh my yes.:D

Tammie... I am going to beat you to the punch.... after 32 years of going to work at UPS, I will be retiring on January 5, 2007. 32 of those years I have been in a management job... High Stress and Demanding.

I am so looking forward to it. And if you can imagine... my last UPS Peak Season (Christmas Season).

Nothing but quilting, sewing and having lunch with my friends .........January 21, a Southern Carribbean Cruise is planned.

HOORAY Can't wait... Barb

:P:P:P Tammie thats such cool news - I'm happy for you. I think we're going to see alot of creative quilting from you. After all, with a fulltime job you've been quilting some really nice stuff. :):) What will we see when you're quilting fulltime. . . . . You have talent, girl. All the best to you ;)

Suzanne Moreno :cool:

Digitizing for CompuQuilter Instructor

cqdigi@charter.net

Grammie Tammie!

Congratulations! That's awesome news. I'm so happy for you.

So, how do you see your life changing? More time for quilting? Or do you have something else that needs your attention?

I have visions of quitting someday....... okay, so I can dream. I think I'm going to be found strapped to this desk 30 years from now and they're gonna say "Who was that woman anyway? Seems like she's been here forever!" I've got a long way to go and I've been working 35 years already! Too bad I wasn't smart enough in the beginning to work for the government or stay in the service. I'd be retired by now....

But, there are so many people you meet and develop friendships with at work. Are you going to miss that?

Yahoo!!! Great goin'! Days are going to fly by and it will be here before you know it! Best of luck and I'm sure we'll be hearing more from you once you retire. Keep on sharing your wonderful work. It's greatly appreciated. You've got a lot of talent, girl.

Happy Days to you!

Donna,

Costa Mesa, CA

Thanks Donna and everyone,

I am really excited. It will probly be like a vegetable for about a month learning how to better manage my time and slow down maybe. I have alot of things going on in the background and many surprises too.

I feel so really blessed. Scared and excited all at the same time.

Thanks again for the words of encouragement. All of you are just so wonderful to me. How did I get so lucky to find you?

Judy that is just awesome news. Keep me informed. I'll come give you a hand unpacking. lol

Cannot wait to finally meet you. I wish you all the best.

Keep in touch. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you once you get here. I will have alot of freedom without this shift job so Dinner is a Must!!

My TREAT!!!

Tammie: I am also retiring in March or April 2007, after 28 1/2 years with the USPS. I have been a rural letter carrier for all of that time and have thoroughly enjoyed my work. I have worked in the Ohio snow and the Florida heat and I am glad to be taking Millie on as my new career choice. My husband bought a Harley when he retired and bought Millie. I am ready and the time is flying by. Good luck to all the rest of you future retirees and far future retirees. Jo-Ellen

Congrats Tammie on you retirement date. I can vouch for how hard it is to manage time after retirement. I retired from Xerox in May. I catch myself making lists of all the things I want to do and then all of sudden the day is gone.

From your your posts I know you will have more things to do than time (even being retired). You will love it though. I know I sure do.

Archived