NQR - Need travel advice from my BC Canadian friends (or anyone else!)

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

LOL! Thanks, Dory. I'm pretty adventurous. I haven't bungee jumped before but I did a tandem parachute jump out of a plane once and that was super fun! :) I'd do that again! Not sure about bicycle riding 250 miles in mid December with chances of ice or snow on the ground... I plan on renting a car the entire trip, so we can keep our agenda pretty open where we go. I'm starting the "vision" of the trip and considering all of my options! :) Maybe... put the rental car on the ferry to Port Angeles would be fun! I like being spontaneous.

Shana

So excited to hear you're going to bungee jump!!! I really want to jump out of a plane; however, I really don't want to jump off a bridge!:P:D:D

If you decide to walk the sea wall, after you go over the blue bridge to Esquimalt, stop at Spinnackers Pub and enjoy a meal and a bevy. A great spot along the way. Might be darn chilly doing the walk in December, it all depends, When I was a girl (a long, long, long time age) my Dad had Geraniums blooming in December.

If you go to Mattick's Farm, they have a great little quilt shop in there, Satin Moon quilt shop is downtown and Bib and Tucker is another destination shop. It's tucked in an Industrial looking area, by a concrete place, but has lots and lots of fabric etc. Enjoy Victoria, it is great. Marion in BC

Thanks Marion and everyone else that has jumped in. Wow! Such great ideas and advice. :)

I am soooo looking forward to visiting Victoria and the rest of Vancouver Island. We plan on spending 3 days there.

Definitely we will bring wind breakers, hats and an umbrella just in case. Would like to do lots of walking and site seeing. Getting excited!!

Archived