Kailey Christening - another angel baby

Thanks girls! I forgot to add that the christening dress was made long before she was even born. My DIL's mother had mentioned that she had her wedding dress and didn't know what to do with it as her daughter would never wear it. I told her that some people make christening gowns out of them and she loved the idea so I offered to make one. I also made her a Barbie dress replica of her dress so she would have a keepsake.

Ohhhhhh she is so adorable!!!!! I know you just enjoyed this beyond belief!!!! That picture of her on her angel quilt is just beautiful!!!! It needs a frame and a place on the mantel! I too love that you were able to make her a christening gown out of a family wedding dress....how special!

Are you getting snow today?

Originally posted by hmerrill

.....I told her that some people make christening gowns out of them and she loved the idea so I offered to make one. I also made her a Barbie dress replica of her dress so she would have a keepsake.

I knew you'd make an heirloom dress for her christening. It's a treasure for the family. Now that is wonderful! :) Heidi you are the sweetest Nana, MIL, Mom, and friend to your DILs Mom, too. (((Hugs))) You have so much love in your heart, Heidi! It shows in everything that you make.

So did you just pull out the blue ribbon and replace with pink? That's a cute idea!

PS: Had to giggle at the one slipper on and one slipper off with her little toes showing. Too precious!

Heidi, I love the "one shoe off and one shoe on" photo of her. Somehow, my kids always ended up that way. When I used to crochet booties, I would always make three and give them to the babies' parents with the advice to keep them, you will eventually need the third one because one will get lost. I also made my daughter's christening dress from my wedding dress. I think it is a wonderful memory. I love the angel baby quilt. One of these day when I get up the courage, I might attempt one.

Originally posted by Primitive1

Ohhhhhh she is so adorable!!!!! I know you just enjoyed this beyond belief!!!! That picture of her on her angel quilt is just beautiful!!!! It needs a frame and a place on the mantel! I too love that you were able to make her a christening gown out of a family wedding dress....how special!

Are you getting snow today?

Thanks Vicki. Oh yes it is snowing!!!!!

[ in everything that you make.

So did you just pull out the blue ribbon and replace with pink? That's a cute idea!

PS: Had to giggle at the one slipper on and one slipper off with her little toes showing. Too precious!

Thanks Shana. I love to do stuff like this so it was all fun for me and I love that my DIL loves for me to do it!

Yes I just pulled the blue ribbon out and replaced it. It was super simple.

My favorite picture is the one with the one shoe off. LOL we just wore that little girl out and she had to kick that shoe off and relax.

Archived