Lenni catching at ends of table....

Help!

My Lenni is catching at both ends of the table (10' table). When going to the ends there is noticable drag, and the wheels seem to come up a bit off the frame.

I'm about to load a quilt that will take the entire table, so any advice is welcomed.

I have my tool kit out, and I'm ready to try to go to work...

thanks!!

Kimmy, you've probably already checked this, but I have to ask: is the power cord to the head causing the problem? You can add a grounded extension cord to your machine's power cord and extend its "reach."

Once you've figured out just what the issue is, please be sure to post it here - sometime there will be another Lenni owner with the same problem.

Hi Kimberly

I don't know if this your problem , but i have had the IQ carriage on my Lenni for a few weeks now, and what I have found is the bottom of the bolt on the front stabiliser wheel catches on the table legs causing it to drag in that area. I only noticed when I had a practice piece on and the carriage movement went stiff over that area.

Up to now I have not had a wide enough real quilt on the frame for it to cause a problem.

I am not sure how tight those wheels should be.

Kimberly - Check you power cord. The last large quilt developed a drag and the machine wouldn't move because the power cord caught up on the ends of the carriage that stick out. I have my power cord hanging from the stair rail behind the machine, so I hitched it a bit higher to clear the carriage and everything is fine again. Sometimes it's the simple things that drive you crazy!

Kath - I've got the original white laminate table and the legs are well away from that bolt. Hope you find a solution.

Judy

I have the same problem with my Lenni. I have standard 12' table and wheels. It has nothing to do with the power cord. The wheels on the front rail of the table (free hand side) actually pop off the rail of the table at the ends of the table. Its as if the distance between the front and back rails gets smaller at the ends of the table. Is there any way to fix this?

Mary Alice

What kind of a table do you have. Mine is one piece and cant be the same on both ends but wider in the center? It could be wider on one end than the center or other end but not both ends. You might want to call apqs and explain what type table you have and they can tell you where to adjust it. My table for the Lenni has an end piece the bolts on the the side rails and there is a little bit of adjusting that can be done there.

I suspect that my table is the same, but the other way around, further apart at the ends of the table, because my edgerider wheels on the carriage make a noise as they expand outwards at the ends of the table, I can't get them to go any further inwards though than they are already.

I am going to measure it all tomorrow and see where I am at.

Archived