Dealing with full borders. Pics.

I have another LA friend who offers her clients to option to reattach their borders or she will do the best she can but can't guarantee there won't be problems with tucks. I happen to have one like that in my possession right now and I have already put in a call to the client to come and look at the quilt and give her that option. I personally think reattaching the borders would be a nightmare (I did one, so I know) but the border is basically a ruffle. I don't plan to pin the top to the leader, just let it hang. I like the idea of a feather and stipple around it.'

Robin

I have decided that I will rip out all of the quilting I have done so far - about 18" x 60" and call the customer and let her know that she needs to fix the borders. I took one off and resewed it, but I think the blue border is wonky too. I have already spent more time on this quilt trying to fix it, only because she is a new customer, but I cannot waste my time out of fear of losing a cusomer. I will offer to show her how to fix her borders and then if she brings it back to me, yippee...if she doesn't I now have 3 repeat customers and a couple of new ones to convert!! Now to start ripping.

Archived