Do you like Mystery Quilts (1ST CLUE IS READY)

Just wanted to let anyone who likes mystery quilts know that Bonnie Hunter has just put out the word she is starting a new Mystery this year.

November 18th is the first clue and here is a link to her intro for it! I am so excited, I actually may have time this year to do it.

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2011/11/intro-to-mystery-2011-orca-bay.html

I'm with you Sylvia. I did Bonnie's Orange Crush Mystery (loved it)---but I have noticed with each mystery after Orange Crush she has more pieces of fabric involved. Some of them quite small.

I've gone back to doing some of her more Basic scrappy quilt patterns on her website which I enjoy doing more.

I will follow along just to see the progress on "Orca". But, no sewing.

:)

Guest Linda S

I've done one mystery quilt in my life. I ended up not liking the pattern. Bummer. So, I've not done one since. I'm pretty fussy about my quilts. Knowing, however, that it's Bonnie Hunter, I might be tempted. I love a lot of her patterns.

I have done a few of Bonnies patterns and even though they are labor intensive ( Remember No Whining Allowed) they are fun and I love the outcome. I really dont care about not knowing what the quilt will look like as I have done many other mysteries and there was only one that I wasnt crazy about, all the rest have been great and a few have even won ribbons. My other thought about this is that I am using up a whole bunch of scraps that would otherwise probably sit around for years doing nothing, so even if it just becomes a utility quilt for the beach or car or even a donation it is fabric being utilized for something useful!!

Linda, no cost for bonnie's mysteries. A mystery quilt works like this...you get fabric requirements and sometimes cutting directions ahead of the "clues". In this case, each week bonnie will give clues as to what fabrics to cut/sew. She will basically divide her pattern into 7 or 8 clues, so that as you are sewing, you do not know what the final quilt top will look like. make sense? Her mysteries utilize lots of scraps and make large quilts. Look up quiltville.blogspot.com and search for orca bay mystery. You can get the introduction there. Please join in...it will be loads of fun.

Archived