Cleaners Supply Breathable Bags

In the past I have purchased the blanket bag and the small Blanket bag, but I won't be ordering from them anymore. The last couple orders I received have been such poor quality. I will put a quilt in and lift it by the handle and the handle breaks loose and tears the vinyl. I called to tell them about it earlier this year and she offered to credit me for the bags that were bad. Since then almost every bag has done that. I use to have customers bring them back with new quilts in them, but they don't last like that anymore.

Anyone else having this problem?

I've been buying the L, XL, and XXL zip bags from Dollar Tree. They're not breathable, but at least they are reusable.

Guest Linda S

I use #1, the 15" x 18" x 9" blanket bag. I have never had any problem with the quality of these bags from Cleaners Supply and I've been buying them for the last 7 years. I like being able to give my clients a bag that has plastic to protect their quilts from the Oregon downpours, but at the same time, allows the quilt to breathe.

I, too, use the sweater bags. Many customers have baby/crib size quilts and the small sweater fits nicely. Even the large sweater is good for some throw sizes.

I give one with each quilt that leaves my shop. Just a little something extra at no charge the customers really like.

Grace

I also use the #1 size, and my customers really like them. Usually it's big enough that when I trim their quilt, the scraps get folded neatly in the bottom and there's still room to put the quilt in.

I'm going to order some of the smaller size too, as I seem to have a lot of small lap quilts lately, and the big bag is really overkill for those, LOL.

Guest Linda S

Wow - I think I must be getting old. i thought I had responded to your question, but I guess it's just my some-timer's disease creeping up on me. I generally give the customers a new bag each time. I have had a few people who bring them back, but I have to admit, I generally never see them again. I have been looking lately at some of the plain cotton bags available at Dharma Trading or JKM Ribbons, and have been considering getting them and embroidering my logo on them. I'd give those to my best customers and, hopefully, with my logo on them, they'd more easily grasp that they are meant be be re-used with each quilt.

Archived