Hello

I have been lurking here for about a week, forget how I found the site, anyway. I thought I would introduce myself since I have been reading all about you.

I have just recently taken an intrest in quilting and have started making tops and such.

In the past week that I have been reading, I am being to see that I want a longarm.

Hopefully, I can realize that dream in the next few years.

Do any of you live Ohio, I live in Elyria (west of Cleveland).

Have a great day.

Tina

Hi Tina,

Glad you found the site! It is fun to come and read and learn even before you get a long arm. I love seeing the pictures of pieced quilts both before and after.

I just got my machine in September and due to lots of other stuff going on, haven't had much time to play with it. I've got a few tops of my own waiting for me to come up to speed.

Gail

Welcome, Tina

I did live in Ohio about 4 years ago in Wapakoneta...it is 18 miles south of Lima on I75. It was a cute town of about 10,000...not much happened there.

Now, I am in Virginia...in a smaller town and definitely nothing happens here. The town is a gas station with USPS inside and a Doc's office. If you sneeze you'll miss the town:P

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Guest Linda S

Welcome Tina! We're glad you found us here. You'll learn lots of good things from all the quilters and hopefully, by the time you get your machine, you'll have lots of tops pieced and know how to handle just about any problem that could come your way. Don't forget to check out the used machines. Sometimes they can make that longarm dream come true a little faster.

Linda

Welcome Tina! You'll find lots of inspiration and help here in this forum. This is a friendly bunch of quilters! I hope you can realize your dream before you know it! I thought it would be next year before I could purchase a long arm, however my dream came true in September. Now, I am blissfully happy working on my long arm :)

Hello!

I have been logging onto this site for about a year now. I LOVE IT!!! I was lucky enough to recieve a Millennium last year as a birthday gift. I do not have time to quilt as often as I would like to.

The talent on this site is superb!!! I am just awestruck at the quilts posted. I can only hope to be as good one day.

Hi Tina, Welcome from another newbie, you have found one of the best sites going when it comes to advice and friendship. I'm new to quilting too and would love to have a LA but will have to wait for funding. (HEH, HEH) You will find many who still use both types of machines and have a great deal of experience to share. I travel thru Ohio occasionaly, came from Mich. and now am in Fl.

Archived