What's up next (2 blocks done photos)

Are you talking about variegated in the white areas? Certainly in the border and sashing it would work. I have a thread called French Country, Signature variegated that has blue yellow and white. I think it would be too distracting in the white background. That should be white on white especially if you do something like McT or a close stipple type. Just my 2 cents. Very pretty....is it applique or print? I'm assuming it's applique, but if it is, you are a saint! Wow!

I might be odd man out here--but the applique looks quite contemporary and modern even kinda art nouvoe looking--I might go with the varigieted yellow--if it is soft and not too jarring--I like to put the unexpected in some of the more contemporary quiltsIf the designs are from the victorian era--they did everything to excess--go with the yellow!! Just my opinion--and it is yours--so you can do anything!!

Terri

You could use a matching green in a thick thread on the sashing -- doing an embroidered type of look with leaves.

I'd stay with matching thread on each applique colored patch and the background white. A large scale quilted design might have a chance of showing on the border fabric.

If you click on the photo, it will take you to Photobucket where the picture is posted. Page back and you can see a couple of close-ups of her blocks. I believe (from looking closely at the pictures) that she has done some gorgeous applique'. Penny, I just love this quilt. It is beautiful. Love, love the colors. Can't wait to see the finished picture. You rock!

Archived