Full borders quilt finished

WoW Phyllis:)

Your quilting is just wonderful, we really must get together for steeped tea at Tim Hortons.;)...................I just love your work, I see you registered in 2002, is that when you started LAing ?

I was wondering if you would be interested in passing on some of your talents, to a very gifted newbie, who lives not ot far from you..............

Have you thought of teaching lesons ? If yes .........I would love it if you could send me a e-mail, I'd bring the Tim-bits & tea, & we could work out a plan :)

Kudos to you Phyllis for your job on that quilt..I had a very similiar situation and also did a very similiar type of quilting to mask the fullness..however I just met my match and pulled this off the machine after 3 rows..The 1st row was very flat, the 2nd had a little fullness but by the 3rd row I just couldn't work it in..this is the 8th quilt I have gotten from this woman, a very good customer. This was a difficult phone call to make but I had no choice..then I realized on the first 7 quilts she had never added borders this was the first quilt I have received from her with borders on it. I had to tell her she gets to do the ripping out, not me!::o

OOOHHH!!! Hester, that one's AWFUL! Yes, I would have sent that one back too.

Gerry and Caron, I bought my first Longarm, a used Ultimate from Darlene Epp in Nov. 2000. Did my first customer quilt in August '01, and have since then done approx. 200 quilts. (I upgraded to the Milly Jan. '02). As I work full time, I have not done as many quilts as all of our other ladies who do this full time and I don't have much spare time to put lots of quilts on my Webshots album.

Gerry, if you ever come down to Victoria, pop into Sawyer Sewing Centre, that's where I work, selling sewing machines. I have no thoughts of teaching, but if you have a problem anytime, just e-mail me.

Holy Guacamole, Batman! Yep, that's a doozie. and I thought my latest was bad. I did roll it onto the roller. When I did, it looked like that on the top row. Another one I did (not quite that bad either) I didn't roll and it came out OK. I took 90 degree tucks in the borders in about 8 places. Hand sewed them down. Then did an allover flower pattern. It turned out great, but I hated doing those tucks.

Oh MY WORD!!! That's absolutely wild. I was 'taught' to measure the quilt across the center and then measure the borders. Ease in the difference - if you can. THIS is a reminder to stick with that habit. WHAT on earth could you do with something like that? Take a great big smiley, :) maybe.

And, Yes, I did that in a quilt, early in my career. I tried to explain to my very good customer at the time, how that could happen, especially with the homespun fabrics she preferred to use. She never came back. :( oops. Should have sent it back before it became an issue.

I did learn my lesson somewhat. Another customer came with a quilt that had been pieced with borders around a center panel. The borders were three inches shorter on one side! ??? I think she forgot to add the seam allowance. You think she would have noticed???

There was nothing I could have done with that quilt except to have made a big smiley across her wonderful pictorial panel so I sent it back. Haven't seen that quilt since. Either it went to another quilter or she stuffed it back into her humiliation closet.

hmmm. Maybe I need to take charm lessons. :P Love ya! ~~ Eva H.

Archived