Alaska Storm

Prayers going out for the peoploe in the communities slated to catch the worst of it.

Anchorage and Fairbanks are, both I'd guess, close to 1,000 miles east and east-north.

Shana should be safe, and I can't remember anyone else in Alaska, on this board.

There probably is..

Sounds like there is to be a lot of damage, and maybe some loss of life, along the western banks on the ocean.

It seems preparedness and prayers are the main things needed now.

I read a little bit about it online and it sounds wicked !

We got our first snow of the season overnight. Only about an inch in our area, but other parts of the state got more.........some schools delayed, etc. Glad I don't have to go out today. Very cold and windy, too. I'll be hibernating in the basement with Millie !

THoughts and prayers going up. We just had a storm here a couple of weeks ago, with 75 mph winds, but it just blew in with a hugh cloud of dirt, and didn't last too long. we sure didn't have to worry about water rising or blizzard conditions with it.

The weather is getting so weird!! My daughter lives in Tulsa, OK and they just had 2 earth quakes in 2 days. She was freaked out!

Guest Linda S

Thank goodness Shana is well inland of the storm, but it will still be high winds and lots and lots of snow. I hope everyone is safe. They say they are getting winds up to 100 mph on the coast. Glad I'm snug in my little house further south!

Guest Linda S

Yeah! But the looks of the radar, that storm is huge and I didn't know how fast it would be moving in land. Let's hope it jets off to the north (the real north pole!).

Archived