Circle Lord Milky Way

Sparkle

Bekah,

My understanding is that Michael & Kay (Circle Lord) designed "Milky Way" with Quilt of Valor in mind, but I think it would be wonderful on a Stars & Galaxies quilt, like the one you are making for your grandson. I'm plan to use this design on many quilts, as it's very versatile. For instance you can skip stitching the inner star, or the tiny star even. Or any of the stars! and just do the swirl. It's a fun pattern! :)

Angie, your quilt looks great! This is anaother very versatile template. I used it some months ago and stitched the swirls, leaving out all of the stars and did feathers in between the swirls. Here's a link to the pictures.

http://apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=26077&page=1#pid328159

My sister was here visiting last week and used the Milky Way template on a quilt for her son who is in the air force. Alas, due to circumstances she got away with the quilt before I could get a picture.

Thanks Angie, I just ordered two more boards from Michael and afterwards when I saw this one started drooling. It went on my "next time" list. Have you seen the one with the Maple Leaf Dance? Really nice. This quilt is perfect for the Milky Way.

Archived