Commercial Embroidery Machines

Do any of you wonderful longarm ladies also Embroider? I am do some research on Commercial Embroidery machines. A single head machine. I looked at the Toyota at the Houston show and I really liked it. I can't help but like the 48" hoop that it has. Wow. I can see my embroidery designs in my quilts too. After seeing Renae's quilt with the embroidery I just have to get one. I know she probly uses her domestic but I want a BIG ONE. lol I do however have two bernina embroidery machines that I love.

Do you own one and why did you choose the brand you own?

Grammie loves her APQS/Compuquilter system!!!1

I bought a 12 needle Toyota that was used about 7 years ago.....I can't say that I have been happy...When it works it works great, but have to say the one I have needs to be babysat the whole time, and I bought it so I could turn it loose and I could go do something else...doesn't happen here. Customer service from the company I bought it from is nill and no one calls me back....

I'm sure the machine is a great machine....mine is just a lemon. :(:(

We have a Tajima Neo and love it. It is a 15-needle single head machine with a small footprint. We have had it for about 4 years and have never had a problem with it. My husband does all the embroidery as I prefer the quilting. He recommends this machine highly and we looked and tried many before we made the decision to buy this model.

I have a Viking Designer SE... It is an upgrade from the Designer I I used to have. It is not a commerical machine, but I have done a lot of Embroidering on my quilts. I will try to post a Picture of a Baby Quilt I recently made. I love what I can do with it. It is great! So much fun to see the designs that can be made.... Barb

Hi Tammie,

I have a Generations 12 needle, single head commercial machine that I purchased along with the Generations Digitizing software. The stitch quality is beautiful, and the machine works great. The one problem was it is made in China for Generations, so my manual was in Chinese. :o I had to learn to use it with the installation guy showing me. Tajima is a respected brand known world-wide, so maybe that could be the machine for you. See how you like the software that runs the system, get one with a manual in English (lol) and I think the support they offer is important too. Good luck - I love the look of embroidery and quilting combined. I agree with Cheryl, contact JoAnn Hoffman, she's an expert with embroidery.

- Suzanne Moreno :cool:

Digitizing for CompuQuilter Instructor

cqdigi@charter.net

Archived