Ultimate 1 Question - no frills machine

ami

Any Help would be great... going to look at AN OLD one; third owner. I have reviewed threads about what to look for - regarding table sturdiness, thread guides, needle bar and such... about how much for a Spa treatment? Can this machine have stitch regulation added? Can it sit on ANY table or is it married to the huge one it is on?? like I said, any help would be great. tia

I have a 13 year old Gammill. I was also nervous bs it's a dinasaur but the price was right and it actually does a great job. Don't be afraid of an old machine. Lots of people have had them before and can answer any questions(unlike a new one), the factory will have parts if needed and you won;t be out alot of cash. Amie ;)

Hey Tia,

zeke here. I have an UI and I've had it for about 4 years now. You can't get it stitch regulated unless you go with the Intellistitcher. It is a great add on for the machine. As far as the table is concerned, depends on which one your looking at. My UI was made in 2001 and came with the square tubing frame. This is a great frame since it is adjustable unlike the round tubing frame. I added a Compuquilter a few years back and really enjoy it a lot. The older wood tables can be a big pain because certain parts do wear out on them. They are an easy fix, but still a pain in the butt. The UII I had for 14 years had a wood table and I ended up having to repair and replace locking screws and nuts about every 2 to 3 years. It was one of APQS first designs flaws, but hey, how were they to know. The newer tables are much better and user friendly. Good luck. zeke................

Hi, I just brought a 13 year old ULT 1, she sews like a dream. she had been sitting for 6 years. I did upgrade to M & M wheels. You should really think about that upgrade. I have the square tubing frame and it is in great shape. I did take a maint. class with Amy and went through everything and oiled her up. She was dry. The thread guides are cheap to replace. Just to a test drive and that should tell you lots. I also used to sew on a Gammill for years and never used the stitch regulator much. Much preferred the freedom that manual gives me. Keep asking questions. Good luck

I have an Ult 1. I bought it used from APQS so it had a once over before I got her. It also came with the new style Milli frame. The machine itself is a 99. No stitch regulator but none is needed either. The stitches are lovely. I feel that if you want a high quality machine at a reasonable price, you can't go wrong with an Ult 1. The M & M wheels are also a totally awesome investment & the Red Snappers too :)

Archived