NQR - Prayers for 18 month old baby Owen

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joanne, Sure! :) I think Linda is checking to make sure it's OK to do something like this. But if she gets the approval, if any of you want to donate your items (whatever they are) for purchase to someone here that wants it, all proceeds will be sent to Owen's mom in Seattle to help cover expenses. I have a PayPal account but PayPal takes a cut from the transaction. You can can send it that way or just mail me a check. I will keep track and make sure that you all are given acknowledgement (the APQS chatters) for the generous donations. Wow this idea was the furthest thing from my mind but I am so grateful for everyone's kindness and wanting to help in some little way. Quilters are the most generous, good hearted people.

If any of you on Facebook want to follow Owen's journey, his mom has started a page. You can type the words "Owen's Miracle" in the search box. The 2nd one on the list is the one to select. It has a pic of owen and his mom. She has current news. I'm impressed by her being so brave and informative!

Here is a snapshot of the Facebook search list page.

post--13461907596192_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

As soon as I saw this post I knew it was something really awful. I've been here a few times and have been afraid to open it. I finally had to this morning, and it is so very sad. What a precious little boy. His mamma looks like she is being so brave, but you can see the panic in her eyes. I'll look for the plans here and pray hard for this little tyke. Blessings be upon him.

Oh my how sad. My prayers are certainly offered for this little sweet boy and his precious mama. Shana you are such an angel to pass this on to us. I certainly will do anything to help in the fundraiser also. We need some how to keep it ongoing as it appears he will be there a very long time.

Guest Linda S

Just a thought - I'm always one of those direct route people and sometimes that takes the fun out of things but, if we all were going to put something up for auction (already a donation of sorts) and then be willing to bid on another's item, why don't we figure out what we would be willing to spend and then just make a direct donation to this family? It would take less time and would give them some immediate relief. Just my way of doing things. I like the other ideas as well.

Archived