quiltmonkey

NQR - Prayers for 18 month old baby Owen

I totally want your design book linda! That interests me. Probably couldn't afford it though! I could offer something. Not sure what...but something.

Kristina at website http://withakquilting.blogspot.com/ and personal blog http://froggybottomquilting.blogspot.com/

Hoppily quilting along with FROGGER - my Green Millennium, and TOAD - my Liberty. Quiltazoid equipped too!

Joanne, Sure! :) I think Linda is checking to make sure it's OK to do something like this. But if she gets the approval, if any of you want to donate your items (whatever they are) for purchase to someone here that wants it, all proceeds will be sent to Owen's mom in Seattle to help cover expenses. I have a PayPal account but PayPal takes a cut from the transaction. You can can send it that way or just mail me a check. I will keep track and make sure that you all are given acknowledgement (the APQS chatters) for the generous donations. Wow this idea was the furthest thing from my mind but I am so grateful for everyone's kindness and wanting to help in some little way. Quilters are the most generous, good hearted people.

If any of you on Facebook want to follow Owen's journey, his mom has started a page. You can type the words "Owen's Miracle" in the search box. The 2nd one on the list is the one to select. It has a pic of owen and his mom. She has current news. I'm impressed by her being so brave and informative!

Here is a snapshot of the Facebook search list page.

post--13461907596192_thumb.jpg

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

This is so sad....I absolutely will pray for baby Owen and his mama. Thanks Shana for bringing this to our attention. She must be exhausted with worry. I believe in miracles and I know there will be lots of prayers said in Owens' behalf.

DF1D9777693A0E7E10F19189083694EB.png

We definitely will pray and will offer an auction item or two.

Jane and Dave (Grasshopper) Brown APQS Dealer,Quilt Design,Piecing,Long Arm Quilting Custom Racks, Wall Hangers, L.A. Clips, Millie and Lenni front Laser Brackets, Sundries. www.countryquiltsncrafts.com Randolph, Wisconsin

What a darling little guy, how sad, will keep Owen and his mom in our prayers.

I will offer anything that you need, custom quilting, thread, batting, quilt tops, anything to help. Christmas arrangement, Christmas cookies, etc......

Rebecca 

Northern Illinois

www.whitebydzine.blogspot.com  

If you want to touch the past, touch a rock. If you want to touch the present, touch a flower. If you want to touch the future, touch a life.     Michael Bernoff

Guest Linda S

As soon as I saw this post I knew it was something really awful. I've been here a few times and have been afraid to open it. I finally had to this morning, and it is so very sad. What a precious little boy. His mamma looks like she is being so brave, but you can see the panic in her eyes. I'll look for the plans here and pray hard for this little tyke. Blessings be upon him.

I'm so sad now. First Lucy and now Owen. It's amazing how sad you can feel for people you've never met. I pray that his chemo will work, and Momma will be able to withstand the pain of seeing her baby go through it. I will check back to see what we are going to do for fund raising.

488EA28E18AD7F17DBB31D18E4438D6B.png

www.quiltedcharm.blogspot.com

Oh my how sad. My prayers are certainly offered for this little sweet boy and his precious mama. Shana you are such an angel to pass this on to us. I certainly will do anything to help in the fundraiser also. We need some how to keep it ongoing as it appears he will be there a very long time.

068AE7983835931B5513447E68ECA1B3.png

Bekah

Shepherd's Garden Quilting

APQS Sales Representative

APQS Millenium

www.shepherdsgardenquilting.com

Guest Linda S

Just a thought - I'm always one of those direct route people and sometimes that takes the fun out of things but, if we all were going to put something up for auction (already a donation of sorts) and then be willing to bid on another's item, why don't we figure out what we would be willing to spend and then just make a direct donation to this family? It would take less time and would give them some immediate relief. Just my way of doing things. I like the other ideas as well.

Linda, thanks for your idea on "direct route" and keeping things simplified. I am a "KISS:--- keep it simple kind of girl... I am up for that!

If this is approved and things pan out, I will find out the address to send the money to Owen's mom. Her name is Madison.

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Sending prayers and strength for Owen and his mom. What a difficult time ahead for his family, keep us posted so we can all help this family out.

6CE1B7A7F42F008E71DFC4B5D4645266.png

2016 Blissed Millie!
"You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give".
Kahlil Gibran

Prayers for Owen's miracle! Prayers for his mother, that she has the health and stamina to get through this crisis,

that a peace and calm blanket her as she cares for her son, and that she gets all the help she needs from those around her.

Anne

Freedom/Quilt Glide/SR/Lift/Power Advance

Shana,

I am so sorry for this family. I would be willing to donate some money to this family. Let me know how I can get it to you or them. Hugs and prayers for all.

Judi

Judi Burr Customworks by Judi judib@gvtc.com  FRIENDS ARE ANGELS WHO LIFT US TO OUR FEET WHEN OUR WINGS HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING HOW TO FLY Author Unknown

Shana, I would like to send some cash to Owen's mom. Please let us know an address. Thank you for spear heading this and I will keep him in my prayers. I just lost my sister to cancer and this is hitting close to home. Prayers Owen

2E15EF68F686C8EF89B3A71C7DE27754.png

Ult.1

"Live every day, like you were dieing"