Sign in to follow this  
aktbone

thread cutter not cutting

Of course - APQS is close and my thread cutter is not cutting. I know it is not the end of the world but I really like this feature. I need to get this quilt off the machine to load another. Any help tonight would be greatly appreciated. If not I will call them in the morning.

232E8BCFC7DA6532DF1F766AFC1B76DA.png

Sewmazing Grace

Edge to edge quilting for all of your love quilts!

2011 Millennium - Circle Lord enhanced!

OK question: It might be jammed... it's possible that area is just dirty with debris. Take the needle plate off, unscrew the thread cutter plate and blew out and wiped out that area :) Maybe that will help.

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

Hi Tonilyn,

Check for a blown fuse. Look in the manual for location and also where the extras are stored. Does the lever move at all? Sometimes the lever arm gets offset and it will not run between the two cutter razors. Look again in the manual--you will need to slightly loosen those tiny tiny tiny screws that hold the razors so there is a fraction more space between them for the lever arm to pull the thread into. If the lever arm doesn't move at all and it isn't a fuse--call tomorrow.

In the meantime, pull up your bobbin thread at the end of stitching and cut it at the top.

Procedure--when you stop a line of stitching make three stitches on top of each other by holding the needle up button continuously until three stitches are made. Needle up, push the head about 5 inches away, take the top thread in your left hand, bring the needle back to the exit hole, needle down into or right next to the exit hole, needle up and again push away about three inches and use the top thread to pop the bobbin thread above the fabric. Holding the loop of bobbin thread and the top thread tight, clip at the top of the stitch.

I hope it's an easy fix. I use my thread cutter all the time.

Linda Rech

Finely Finished Quilts

Millennium on Bliss rails--hand-guided

http://www.topperquilttools.com

Tonilyn,

It will help when you call to know what exactly you mean by "not cutting". If the puller arm is taking the thread over to the two knives but it isn't slicing the thread, then the two blades may need adjustment. However, if the arm isn't moving, or there is a problem with the switch, we will need to look at the needle positioner lights and the handle switch to help diagnose the trouble and get a solution.

Try it from the back of the machine to Be sure it isn't a handle malfunction. We will talk to you tomorrow!

DA6F15FEDD9F8F152708CED82003B151.png

APQS Customer Service & Education Director

1-800-426-7233

dawn@apqs.com

A few weeks ago my thread cutter wouldn't work, turned the machine off then on and it would work again until the next time I wanted and no noise, no movement, just like the command wasn't being delivered, hasn't done it since and your problem just reminded me what a pita it is when it doesn't work. Maybe she was just having a bad day!!

C8A1EE1C81E9AD9BBE5D8DD4754244E7.png

Blue Rose Quilting

'07 Milly hand-guided

APQS rep West Australia

Quilts made with love don't have Made in China on the label...

Thanks to all of you for your info.

My cutter was moving but not connecting with the Cutter Blades.

Dawn got me through with an easy phone call, email and done!

I just love this forum.

Thanks all!

232E8BCFC7DA6532DF1F766AFC1B76DA.png

Sewmazing Grace

Edge to edge quilting for all of your love quilts!

2011 Millennium - Circle Lord enhanced!

My 2013 Millie (new) was not cutting the bobbin thread. I tightened both small screws on the top of the cutter and now it cuts. Great. I assumed it was cutting and wasted a lot of bobbin thread for a couple of M sized ones. Now I should be able to get great use of the bobbins. Love my new Millennium.

1F6CA5955DF121CC55971D0D9BDA7E0F.png

APQS Representative for Federal Way, WA

klwheeler@yahoo.com

510-386-4156

www.feathersandloops.com