PantoVision

Just had an email about PantoVision which is being sold by ABM Innova. Its a computer program whereas you can work on pantos from the front of the machine.....would love it, it is selling for approx $795.00....my question is this.....will APQS be developing something like this in the near future? Would love it, but would rather support APQS since that is what I use now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!

In case you haven't seen the PantoVision yet, you can watch the YouTube video here.

It's an outstanding innovation that will work on any stitch regulated machine on the market. ABM does have a patent pending on this technology which protects it from being manufactured by others, the great news is, no matter what machine you use, it's a huge benifit to all!

Happy quilting,

Sherry Rogers-Harrison

Looks like it is $1395 with the screen, although works with any Windows 7 computer tablet if you already own one or want to buy a different one. It says it has USB connection to any quilting head which has a stitch regulator. Do we have a USB connector then on our machines to hook up with a computer????

Thanks. Yes that is helpful.

I like all the resizing and storing all of the pantos in the computer rather than in paper rolls, but wonder if I could accurately trace the screen as accurately as with the laser on pantographs? same as anything I suppose a learning curve.

You can add to your pattern library very easily. Purchase or create your designs and move them to a USB stick. Plug the USB into your tablet and select import. Simple as a pimple. The software will read a dxf format which is the standard for digitized designs.

If you have digitizing software you can create your own patterns, save as a .dxf and import.

I saw this product just before the final release in Houston and was blown away. As you all know I am an Innova fan so I want to be clear that my opinion of this new product is NOT APQS or Innova based. Please compare to any other add on product such as QZ or Circle Lord. This is purely an after market product/tool just like Circle Lord, IQ or Compuquilter.

As many of you might know, when I first purchased my Millie I knew that I would some day purchase a computer but wanted to initially learn my machine and become very comfortable with free motion - goals pretty much attained prior to my computer days. I did purchase the Circle Lord (loved it) and many pantos (finally sold). The biggest benefits I see with the PantoVison are:

1. over all cost - very competitive when you look at the cost of CL plus purchase of multiple boards & much cheaper than a full computer system

2. work from the front of the machine

3. can purchase just about any digitized pattern on the market - your purchase will depend on the complexity of design you want to quilt - some people are very comfortable with retracing lines while doing panto type work, others want simpler patterns to follow.

4. can easily resize any pattern according to the space you need to fit - not just pantos but also block patterns - no longer have to redraw to fit the size needed - PantoVision does it for you

5. can easily design your own patterns using a program such as Art and Stitch and use within PantoVision.

It is an amazing tool that can benefit any make of machine with the SR. It is worth a look-see. For years, we have asked for ways to work from the front of the machine - it has been coming but now it is here in a whole new way. For those of you who do not have a computer and may never get a computerized system - you will still want your rulers (cross-hatching, etc.), but much of the typical stencil marking will become a thing of the past - follow the lines on the PantoVision instead of markings on your quilt. Even though I have a computer - I love ruler work so do that anyway but hate marking on my quilts - only do that for intense free motion.

Initially, I thought that it was a simple camera/screen arrangement, but seeing the video, it blew me away as well. This is something that I think is absolutely revolutionary, and absolutely genius, provided it is indeed compatible with the APQS machines. The cost of a computerized machine is completely out of my reach at this point in my life, but this seems to be an absolutely perfect middle ground. I really hope the product lives up to the video.

Looks like a great product. It shouldn't need to be connected to the machine head, looks like it just mounted on it so you can follow the pattern on the screen. I would try it out at the shows because you still have to "follow the line" by hand. I love the idea that it eliminates all the bulky paper pantos.

So, will this solve our marking problems? We could draw our feather spines, resize and fit exactly on the screen and go. Just being able to have those curves work out would save me a lot of design time. I can't wait to see see this in person. The next big show near us is not until the spring!

I was a little dizzy watching it on the youtube. Wondering if I can get used to watching the screen while the machine is moving. LOL If I have to, I guess I could take Dramimine.

So I wonder what size the tablet screen in the video was? Sherry, can you address that question? How slowly do you have to move the curser? It appeared on the video that it was very slowly, It it difficult to get smooth curves?

Thanks Chris

I am very interested also. I wish I could see it in person. No dealers in Texas except the Headquarters near Houston. I wish I had known of this before the Houston quilt show.

I mostly quilt for myself so it seems extravagant, but if I don't go to Vegas in December, I probably would have the money to get it.

Archived