can I raise my roller bars?

scq

Hi. This may be a stupid question....can I raise my quilt top roller and take up roller....when I have the extended base on it bumps into them and the space I have to quilt isn't as big as my biggest circle template that I want to use....so I get non circular circles....this is driving me crazy!! If I can raise them...will someone tell me how??? I have a Millenium w/ 14 foot rails just purchased new in Feb....

Hello,

Yes, you can raise your roller bars. The end of the bars, opposite the fabric advance, has large bolts that keep them from comming off the machine, you will need to remove these...there is a eye for a allen wrench on the end to help loosen it. When you remove the long bolts...there will also be a collar ring on the inside that will fall off if you don't catch in. I just rested the poles on the machine end frames when I removed them. Get a wrench to loosen the nuts that are on the top side of the frame then turn the large piece that holds the poles to the left...make sure you count the revolutions so both sides are the same. You don't have to line it up perfectly with the frame because of the rotating sockets in the large eye piece. Retighten the nuts...insert the poles in the eyesockets...don't forget the collar goes between the inside before the eyesocket...insert large bolt and tighten.

I don't know all the techinical names...but I hope you get the idea. You'll see it is not too hard to raise.

Good Luck,

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Archived