Sad news

Hi all.

I just wanted to let all my quilty friends know that my 23 year old step-daughter passed away last Thursday. She had a brain aneurysm that ruptured, and she died suddenly. I can not begin to tell you the pain we are feeling. I can honestly say that this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. This being said, I encourage all of you to live life to the fullest and never pass up an opportunity to tell your child how much they are loved.

April was an organ donor, so 5 people benefitted from her organs. This has brought so much peace to our family. It has taken away just a small bit of the sting. I would also encourage all of you to consider organ donation and make your wishes known to your family.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Linda S

Oh no! My heart goes out to you. It is so hard to lose a loved one, especially a child. Well, young woman, but still too early in life. I am listed as an organ donor and I'm glad she was able to give the gift of life to five others. May you find peace and remember the best times.

How sad! But at the same time what joy for 5 others. You and your family will be in my prayers for Peace this Holiday Season. I can't know your pain but I do know I and others care about you and your family. Thank you for reminding us to live ours lives to it's fullest and to tell our loved we love them at each opportunity!!!

(((((HUGS))))))

prayers for you and your family!! I can understand this being the hardest thing in your life, we are never ready for this type of shock and loss. Please know that we are all here for you and praying for you, and love you so much. Peace be with you and praying that her gift of life will somehow lessen the pain of loss.

Shar, my heart goes out to you, memories of the loss of our son come flooding back when I see that someone has suffered a similar loss even after many years.

Memories of April are so precious and it's wonderful that she will live on and be such a priceless gift to the donor recipients.

Be kind to yourself. ((((((hugs)))))

Archived