Milli's SR misbehaving....

RoseCity Quilter

:(:(:(:( SR running really slow and stiff in horrizontal direction. Phoned APQS and Amy told me to try tightening encoder. DId that and on differnece, phoned back and she was with another call so I left a message, and she did not call back, now tomorrow is THanksgiving for you guys but not up here, so.....:( trying to get Christmas quilts done....

Just had to vent....to someone who gets it!

Ardelle,

I am not near the right computer tonight to see what age your machine is. If it is 2008 or newer, try this to see if the encoder box is the problem. Unplug the carriage encoder cable from the jack on the right side of the machine. Next unplug the sewing head cable from the left side of the machine. If your carriage cable is long enough (you might need to undo a wire tie) to reach over to the left side of the sewing head, try plugging that carriage encoder cable into the "head encoder" slot on the left side.

Then try running the machine left and right in SR mode (it won't stitch front to back because you'll have that encoder unplugged in this test.) If the SR works left to right, then that narrows the trouble to either the circuit board or the wiring on the right side. If it doesn't work, then it isolates the problem to the encoder itself on the carriage.

You can take the black cover off the encoder (look for some tiny screws underneath the mounting plate) and examine all of the wires to be sure they look ok and are not broken. We may need to get a new encoder to you. So sorry that you have run into trouble during crunch time!

Archived