pantovision

Guest Linda S

I believe the one sold by Innova is a stand-alone that will work with any machine. It's patented, so APQS can't duplicate it. If you're interested, I think you'll have to go to Innova for it.

In the other thread, it was stated that there was a delay for the APQS machines, so as not to void our warranty, but there was no information as to how long that delay would be. I believe it has to do with interfacing with the stitch regulator wheels rather than being something hardwired into the board. I'd ask in that thread, as well - there's a very knowledgeable woman answering questions.

Guest Linda S

You should contact Sherry Rogers-Harrison. She is a former APQS gal who now has an Innova. As I said, I believe the system is stand-alone. It doesn't get hard-wired into your machine, so it wouldn't void your warranty. It's a separate piece of equipment. Sherry's website is www.sewfarsewgood.org

I recommend that you call ABM directly: 1-888-99QUILT. I emailed Neal a while ago. He indicated that the PV had not been added to the APQS machine as of yet but are anxious to do so. It will be attached through a device that involves the encoder box similar to the IQ and is not hardwired into the system. Should not be a warranty issue.

Panto Vision looks like a terrific new product. If we can follow a panto with a laser we should be able to follow the design on a screen with a cursor. I called ABM earlier this week and spoke with Kandi, however she couldn't answer my questions and said she would have Heidi call me. Heidi was out of the office so I haven't spoken with her yet. A few of the things that I would like to know, and if anyone gets the answeres please post them:

- I believe that the panto can be stretched but can the size be input to the software? Inches of length and width.

- What is the maximum size panto the system will take? I'm wondering if a whole cloth design can be used in it.

- Can the panto be rotated 90 degrees which would enable its use on a border without rotating the quilt.

- An approximate delivery date for APQS. Now that we're excited about this product we want to know about how l long we have to wait. :D

Originally posted by yankiequilter

Panto Vision looks like a terrific new product. If we can follow a panto with a laser we should be able to follow the design on a screen with a cursor. I called ABM earlier this week and spoke with Kandi, however she couldn't answer my questions and said she would have Heidi call me. Heidi was out of the office so I haven't spoken with her yet. A few of the things that I would like to know, and if anyone gets the answeres please post them:

- I believe that the panto can be stretched but can the size be input to the software? Inches of length and width

Yes, you tell the program what size your quilt is and that size shows up on a graph on the screen. You can then choose your panto and or blocks and layout the entire quilt to fit those dimensions.

- What is the maximum size panto the system will take? I'm wondering if a whole cloth design can be used in it.

You can layout anything that you desire. Wholecloth, 1/2 cloth, blocks, borders, savings. Choosing designs that are panto friendly is key to having quilting success. Open forgiving feathers will give you better success then formal feathers for instance.

- Can the panto be rotated 90 degrees which would enable its use on a border without rotating the quilt

Yes. You would lay out the vertical border and proceed to quilt to your frame specifications. You would then advance the quilt and pick up the remainder just like you do when you advance your quilt using paper patterns.

- An approximate delivery date for APQS. Now that we're excited about this product we want to know about how l long we have to wait. :D

As soon as I know anything I'll let you know. We are working very hard to accomidate all makes and models.

Archived