machine just went off......help!

alwaysquilts

I think I might have blown the fuse? I was quilting and all of a sudden the needle broke, fell out and all the lights went off. I have NOTHING..........the needle has been in there for a while, so it's not like I had just replaced it and didn't have it in tight enough. I was also going fairly slow. Everything was working fine and then all of a sudden the machine stopped. Needle hanging there. Broken end...........,That's it.

It's a Millennium.

I don't have my manual here in the house with me. bUt if you look in the index you should be able to find where it tells you how to replace the fuse. By the way there is and extra fuse there for you! It's easy to do! Let us know if you you can't find the info!

Good Luck!!

Dell's assessment is spot-on. When the needle fell out it jammed into the needle plate or the hook and the fuse blew. Unplug the machine, replace the fuse (as Dell said, look in the manual) and take a flashlight to check for gouges before you continue. Look on the needle plate--use fine-grit sandpaper or a file to smooth any divots especially in the hole. If none are on the needleplate, remove it and manually advance the bobbin assembly with the fly wheel to investigate with a strong light if their are nicks on the hook. Again, the manual will show you where to look and what to do to remove them.

Gouges or nicks on either of these areas will cause thread breakage. Before you start up again, check your needle bar depth--it may have raised a bit if you jammed it hard. This all sounds daunting but more than likely you did no damage. Let us know how you are doing. There is nothing you can do to these machines that can't be fixed--and usually you can fix them yourself.

Thanks Dell. I found my manual and took the machine apart. Where the photo shows there should be a fuse in this little round black area......my machine doesn't have the black round thing. It has a square part that has a clear area over what looks like it might be a flat fuse thing. I'm not sure.......but I know it doesn't look like the picture in the manual.

Archived