NQR - Prayers for our dog please

We have two dogs, both just two days shy of a year old. The small one, a pom-chi mix went out with his bigger 'bro' this evening, but only the border collie-cross came back in. We've walked our property with flashlights, calling for him, but with no success. We suspect that something grabbed him and ran - a lone coyote, cougar, we may never know. Prayers, please......

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming your way. I have had mine go missing for up to 4 DAYS in the Mountains and what goes thru your mind on what their fate might be is not good. Hope the puppy shows up soon.

I always call our local police department and I have my number on their collar in PERMANANT marker so if someone does indeed pick them up they will call.

I've been blessed that those who live in my area are pet friendly. Only a few I worry about. I have a PIT Bull who is getting old and I always have concern someone will shoot her just because she is a PIT. Nevermind that she is the sweetest dog I've ever had and has slept with my grand daughters since they were only a few months old.

All the prayers are out.

Hugs Grammie Tammie

I am so sorry to read this. I would leave out some dry dog kibble in a couple of spots just in case he's out there wandering around. If something else eats the kibble so be it, but he's not used to foraging for himself and will need something to eat. It might also bait him back to where you can spot him. Bring your border collie out with you when you are looking, he'll spot the little fellow quicker than you will.

Good luck

Dianne

No sign of our pup yet - and it's been a long night of sub-freezing temperatures. The doggy door will stay open for him and I'm putting up posters and putting an ad in the newspaper. I don't hold out a lot of hope, though - we live in the middle of 28 acres of woods and meadow, and he couldn't have been outside long enough to wander very far by himself. And I don't know of any open holes, wells (where's Lassie when you need her?), traps, or anything else he could have gotten trapped in.

I hope that he shows up safe and sound. We used to have a Lab and he did this to us a couple of times. He would pick up the sent of something and go off without a care in the world following his nose. It was always a tense time searching and wondering if he was OK. Do you have animal control in your area, have you checked with them? We found ours at the pound after one of his adventures.

Sue

Barb, I know exactly how you feel. Our 3 year old miniature dachshund (she weighed just 7 lbs.) was snatched out of our backyard one evening in July by either an owl or a hawk. We heard a big commotion and all the other dogs came in when we called them. Strudel didn't come in and I began to panic. We found her late the next day in the back alley under the telephone lines where she apparently had been dropped. We looked everywhere that night but she was jet black and she blended in with the vegetation. I now panic every time I can't see one of my remaining dogs in the yard. My prayers are with you. My husband and I have no kids so our pets are our kids and it is so hard when we lose a member of our family.

Guest Linda S

Oh no. I've been thinking I'd look this morning and you would say he'd come home. I hope he does show up today. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

We have coyotes in our neighborhood...got one of our neighbors new ewes a couple of weeks ago...now two ducks. I'm sorry about your pup...hopefully you'll at least find him either way. It's difficult to deal with a disappearance. We had a cat that walked away and never came back. I always thought he took up with another family somewhere just so I wouldn't think the worst.

Archived