NQR - I'm again asking for prayer - Pic of Becka added

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually if someone has gone into the hospital and they are still in a seizure state or going in and out of them they give them Atavan, which can be addicting but not usually on an occasional basis, it will in most cases stop the seizure. It usually is prescribed as an emergency medication to stop a seizure lasting more than 5 minutes, those suck. I have Buccal Miadaizolem for Daniel, it is a med that I can squirt into his mouth and then have him transported to the hospital. Daniel's longest seizure was 25 minutes and he has back to back seized before too, this was before I had the emergency med. Praying for him to outgrow them and praying for Bekah too.

So sorry to hear this Patty Jo. We have a friend at church and her young son did the same thing. They ran all sorts of tests and found nothing. The mom finally figured out that when his blood sugar dropped, he had seizures! So she modified his diet and included carbs, because he was under 3 years of age, and frequent snacks. This solved the problem for him. I'm not saying that is her problem, I am not a doctor or nurse but just sharing a similar story. It's worth checking. Can't hurt to try.

Hang in there. Still sending up prayers for your and your family.

Just talked to my son and the Pediactric Neurologist doesn't see any causes and really advised them to see an endrocrinologist because he feels that she has some sort of genetic body chemestry deficiency of some sort. They are now trying to get an appointment with any of the 4 drs that he recommended and the soonest appointment they could get is in March. But they are on all 4 waiting lists if something opens up before then. Also, They did give her Atavan in the ER but only to get the seizures under control and she is no longer taking it. The Dr today didn't think that she should be on any seizure medication unless she was having10 or more seizures in a yrs time because the side effects were so bad. So they will wait to see how she does. For now, she is doing very well and is back to normal so, thank you all for your prayers and son Rick says thank you also.

Patty Jo, Please let you son know that if Bekah does have to take anti-seizure meds to not be afraid. Yes some side effects aren't good but they have come a long way in the meds. It just takes time to find the right one that the body can handle and still control the seizures. Let them know to not be afraid at all to talk to the people at Epilepsy Advocate and other resources that are out there, be cautious about the "homeopathic" approach, tried that before we knew what was going on and made them worse. We read labels to make sure Daniel doesn't have gingsing, taurine, gingko. They are seizure triggers. The best is to get as much information as possible. If I can help let me know. Hugs to you all.

Archived