Suggestion for all the Newbies out there

quietlifeaz

For those of you who do have an award winning quilter as you mother, sister, neighbor or guild member and don't have access to endless classess from award winning quilters....I suggest the following:

1) Machine Quilting for Beginners, DVD by Kim Brunner --- the single best "basics for beginners" DVD I have seen

2) The Quilting School (online training) with Linda V. Taylor and friends (Irenea Bluhm, Pam Clarke just to name a couple)

Guest Linda S

Newbies - you have no idea how lucky you are to have all these resources available to you! They have come about just in the last few years. When I started back in 2004 (which wasn't so very long ago) there were no videos, very few books, and newbie classes for APQS were offered in Des Moines only. I had quite the learning curve, but jumped right in with both feet. I was so lucky that Judy Laquidara (a Millie owner, and now a great quilt book author) used to frequent these boards most every day. She was a great help to me.

I looked at buying a longarm 17 years ago when I lived in KC and one of the main reason I didn't was there was no one else around that had one (that I knew of)....and there was no stitch regulator and I just didn't think I could get the stitches to be even.

A few years and a few thousand miles later........... :)

Archived