NQR-Prayers for step-son UPDATE NR 1

UPDATE (sorry, may be posted twice)

Update: Sorry I left you all hanging but I've been off my feet with a dose of pnemonia. My step-son was released from the hospital Tuesday. Some of his eyesite has returned but not the same. Doctors have him on blood thinners and have gotten the dosage under control. There has been no change in the clot which scares me and his dad. Surgeons said they don't want to remove it because of it's location. If they operated he could loose his sight with the clot removal. He isn't allowed to work, drive, hunt, make sudden head movements or pick-up anything over 10lbs for at least 6 months (baby daughter weighs more then 10lbs). His wife wasn't working because they have a 1 year old and was sitting up a home day care business but not established or through all the "requirements" to get certified/licensed. I know God will get us through it. It's really hard being on the opposite coast. I really love you all. Prayers are being answered, James cold have died from the clot. I've never met most of you and rejoice in the kindness that I have received. The offers from "my quilty sisters in Washington" to physically help if possible, is amazing! Guess this is long enough, but there's never enough words to say thank you.

Original post:

I totally believe in our prayer group so I'm coming to you for help. My step-son is a firefighter/EMT in Washington state. Yesterday he was responding to a call and decided to jump over the banister instead of using the steps off his porch. He hit the ground hard, got up and went on the call. He passed-out on the job and was taken to the hospital. He woke-up blind in one eye. The doctor said that he had a blood clot in one of the arteries in his head. They put him on blood thinner but it worked to well, the blood got to thin.

He has a wife and 3 small children, they live in the mountains and have to travel a distance to town/city. The doctors don't know if the fall caused the clot or if it was already there. I told my hubby that fall may have saved his life if it was already there. Anyway, we would appreciate your prayers for his recovery, especially getting his sight back. Thank you.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived