For Sale Viking Mega Quilter and Inspira Frame - Lower Price

This machine has been sold.

I purchased a Millennium a couple of years ago so I need to sell my lightly used Viking Mega Quilter and Inspira frame. I have only made 4 quilts with it. It is 5 years old. I would like to sell it for new price $1,000.The Mega Quilter is a great general sewing and piecing machine and combined with the Inspira frame is a mid arm quilting machine. The Inspira frame is the model that has the table for the pantos on the top so you can have it against the wall because you do everything from the front of the machine. The frame can be set up as 5 foot or 10 foot. It includes a stitch regulator, a walking foot, and lights have been added under the upper table. It also includes the cruise control.The details of the machine can be found at this link: http://www.husqvarna...com/us/3537.htmI live in southern California. My husband and I would be willing to deliver it and set it up anywhere in the southern California, Las Vegas or Laughlin area.

post--1346190777293_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Sabrina. I have a thought that you should contact every quilt guild within driving distance of you. This is a fabulous price and would be a great addition to a guild's arsenal for finishing charity and QOV tops. All they need is the cash, of course, and a member with the room to set it up and allow members access.

A local guild did this with great success. The member who had it at her home allowed access two days a week, learned the machine and guided members who needed help. Members booked time or tag-teamed to finish charity quilts. On the off days she used it all she wanted for her own stuff and for charity quilts, as payment for the use of her home. It worked well until she decided to get a big longarm and needed the space. The guild then sold the machine for full price to another guild member who learned the ropes doing charity quilts. Win, win, win.

Good luck and it should sell at that price!:)

I like Linda's idea.

For some reason, these are hard to sell, even cheap! I had a Pfaff Grand Quilter, basically the same machine, on a Proflex frame. Tons of extras, probably $500 in extras. I listed it on Sew Its For Sale for a mere $800. A nice gal from Idaho drove down and bought it. She was the only one interested. Hard to believe. Then a year or two later I replaced the machine because I missed piecing on it.

If you don't need the money, it might be a better deal for you to keep the machine, toss the frame, and have fun piecing with your Viking. These sew through a lot of layers and you can make awesome purses, totes, sew jeans easily, etc.

Thanks for the ideas Linda and Bonnie. It is a good machine, but I like piecing on my Viking Designer machine because of the auto foot lift. I have a hard time sewing on a machine when I have to lift the foot up and down myself because I am so used to not having to do that.

Also my husband keeps bugging me to sell it. I guess it's time to go back to my guild. I have not been there for a while since my square dance club has a beginners class on the same night and as the presidents of the club my husband and I need to be there. So maybe my husband will have to go one night a month by himself. LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not been on the forum for a while. Yes, this machine is still for sale and I will ship. Part of it is already boxed and ready to ship. I will pay more attention. I have not had any emails from anyone and my husband recently had some major surgery done.

If anyone is still interested you can email me at sluboch@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 10:41 AM, lwalsh@stny.rr.com said:

Where can I find a stitch regulator for my Viking Mega Quilter? I use the Inspira frame also.  Thank you,  lwalsh@stny.rr.com

right now on ebay there is one for mega quilter on an inspira frame for only 350.00 usually 499.00...grab it