My Daughter Got Engaged Today

Barb...

Congrats! My daughter was married this year too. It was fun, but not too much work for me...she wanted to do the planning. I got to be the suggestion person for the most part until the month of the wedding.

We did our rehersal dinner differently than most people. Everyone was from out of town, also it was a small wedding of about 40 people. We had the dinner at my house with everyone invited, not just the wedding party. It really was it fun. We just had a deli deliver sandwiches etc. My youngest (she is trained as a pastry chef but going to college for a degree in French and History) and I made desserts ( we also made wedding cake).

Glad it was over...but I would do it all again...got one more, so there is a possiblitiy someday.

Have fun!

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

hehehehe.... you guys are too funny.

Barb:

Congratulations on your daughters announcement. This is an exciting time and I think you should start documenting it now. Hopefully, you'll only have to plan one wedding for her. Make it the best memory for you both!

Wedding quilt? So I hear you're making her a memory quilt? Too funny.... well, if you decide, have a wonderful time doing it. I don't have any children but I raised my little sister. I wasn't quilting when she got married, but when she celebrated her 10th anniversary -- I made her an anniversary memory quilt. Made her cry -- and she's not an emotional person. It was allllllll worth it.

Best wishes,

Barb...

If you make a wedding quilt...start early. My daughters wedding quilt is stilll in the quilting stage...someone said that I have a year to get it done:Dl...just need to finish quilting the background...after the holiday rush.:D

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Archived