time for another block swap??

it's winter and most are spending lots of time with our sewing machines.....so i was thinking the other day: is it a good time to do another block swap?

we haven't done a 30s repro theme yet, so that's what i'm thinking with a kona white background....

here's the block. it finishes at 12.5 inches and (30) blocks would give a top of 62.5 by 73.5 without borders....i wanted a block that would look like a scrappy 30s quilt and wouldn't require any additional setting- just sew together and border.

i haven't done the fabric requirements yet. don't want to invest them time before i see if i have a good response.

whatcha think? i was thinking if i get a good response, i could post the directions and fabric requirements this weekend and a mailing deadline sometime around the first of march?

post--13461907876518_thumb.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just wondering if anyone out there did or would do one.

I would love to be included. I have a large rubbermaid tote full of 30s.

I also have some real stuff from my grandmother. Might get me motivated to do something with hers also.

Thanks for setting this up. I cannot wait!

Originally posted by Von Roberts

I'd love to join in too, I have some of my mother's cotton fabrics from the 30's,40's and 50's would they be acceptable or would you rather they were reproduction fabrics. I'm Ok what ever.

Yvonne

i'm glad that you want to share your precious vintage fabric, but for the purposes of the swap, i'd prefer if it were reproductions. keeps the playing field even and fair. thanks for offering tho, and thanks for asking.

Originally posted by Kimmarg

Hi

I have never done a block swap before. I am in Australia, so I am not sure if I am eligable. Could you let me know how this works.

Sounds a great idea :))

It is usually open to everyone. Shannon is geat with all the details! She posts them for us as soon as she has them figured out::) It's FUN!!!

for our friends in Oz, the swap is open to all. for return postage i will send you a paypal monies request since aussie stamps are not recognized by our PO....they only draw back is the deadline and shipping....but i promise to cover it all in the directions/guidelines when i get it all figured out

Shannon, I love the block and quilt you have designed for the swap and would be interested in participating. Can someone please tell me how it works, i.e., would I make one block for each participant? So if there are 20 participants, I would make 20 of the same block? I'm clueless and I know more will be posted later about how it works, just was hoping to clear some fog in my mind! :P:P

Archived