time for another block swap??

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sandradarlington

How many blocks would we need to make? My plate is pretty full just now, but if there aren't too many blocks I may be able to squeeze this in. Give me a few details so I can decide if this is possible for me just now.

Originally posted by doodlebug

it finishes at 12.5 inches and (30) blocks would give a top of 62.5 by 73.5 without borders....i wanted a block that would look like a scrappy 30s quilt and wouldn't require any additional setting- just sew together and border.

i made a test block to check my math, i just finished figuring the yardage:

for one (30) block set: (you can make more than one set. each set must be made with completely different fabrics)

--Kona Cotton White (yes, it has to be kona cotton white:)): 2 1/2 yards. if you tend to miss cut, you might want to get three yards

--you'll need four fabrics for the corners: 1 yard each and that leaves some 'oopsie' room

--you'll need a yard for the '+' in the middle, and that is generous as well

colors for the 30s repros: pink/red/orange/yellow/blue/green/purple NO BROWN NO BLACK aim for high contrast throughout the block's' fabrics...

quicky explanation: you make (30) blocks that are exactly the same, mail them to me by the deadline (which i haven't set, but will be in march) then i swap them and you get back (30) blocks that are all different/ scrappy. it a good way to make a scrappy looking quilt without having to have all the scraps.

we will not be signing the blocks, but attaching a slip of paper with name and location.

i'll include all this plus more in the printable pdf download when i get that written...probably this weekend....i'll post it in a different thread.

clear as mud? :)