time for another block swap??

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't Doodlebug have the best instructions?

Just a reminder--no need to register, get on a list, or ask to join--just make those blocks and send them to Shannon!

She is super organized and will send you back 30 different blocks from all over the world! I'm making one block today to time myself and see if I can participate.

Originally posted by lamedna

I have a variety of 30's but not enough of any to make 30 blocks the same. do they all have to be the same? Or can I use a variety of fabrics? Of course, Kona cotton for the white.

good question-

you can make sets of groups within the (30) block set- say (6) groups of 5 blocks each that are all the same.

if you make all your (30) blocks completely different, there's no need to send them to me to be swapped for scrappy ones...you already have (30) scrappy blocks:P

i have always wanted to make a 30s repro quilt, but i've not wanted to start stashing 30s repros....this is my sneaky way of getting the scrappy 30s quilt i've always wanted....and you guys are going to help me with that :)

Instructions has a little glitch. Center "T" says to cut (2) 8" and sew (2) 3" to each side and cut 3"wide. This only cuts total of 28. To make the 2 shorts, I cut 3" wide (WOF) x 16" sewed 3" x 16" White Kona to each side then cut in 1/2 to make the 30 center "T".

I am doing (60) and have cut all and sewn CENTER "T's" cut it took about 8 hours so far. Now just to mark and sew HST. Hope to have that all finished by tomorrow.

This is so fun. Thank Shannon, now I get my scrappy 30's without having to stash a bunch.

TextText

Originally posted by JunBugs-Quilt-Garden

Instructions has a little glitch. Center "T" says to cut (2) 8" and sew (2) 3" to each side and cut 3"wide. This only cuts total of 28. To make the 2 shorts, I cut 3" wide (WOF) x 16" sewed 3" x 16" White Kona to each side then cut in 1/2 to make the 30 center "T".

yup, i caught that and am in the process of correcting the instructions...thanks

will change the link to the revised corrected version give me 10 minutes....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived