Buyers remorse

I know exactly what you mean.... you can't have buyers remorse just yet as you haven't received your machine...lol....

I was like you owned a smaller hobby type set up previously, so I knew I would enjoy and be able to use this machine.

I had panick attacks before and after paying for my machine, it takes arround 5 days for the machine to arrive special delivery in the UK once shipped from the factory, that was a long 5 days of panick and guilt, it's alot of money but no one has ever put me down for buying it even though as yet I have only quilted 4 customer quilts, I'm not even sure if I want to quilt for customers longterm ....My family knows that this machine gives me pleasure and sanity and even if someday you did want to sell your machine APQS machines keep there value!

Take a deep breath..... "Happy quilting!"

Am so sorry for all the people, here or not, that have to go thru the black pit of hell, called cancer.

Prayers will be going up whether a family member or friend. Prayers never hurts and may take a while to happen. Don't give up praying.. it Always Helps.

Again, I see that we are all so much alike!! After retiring from teaching, I started a greenhouse business called Grandma's Bloomers, and now am in the full swing of my new "winter" business of LA quilting. Age and husbands bad back made me realize that the greenhouse is not going to be an option for too much longer...but quilting??? Think I can do that for a LONG time!!! hehehe But before I took the plunge, I really got nervous thinking and worrying about the price of the machine and whether I would be able to pay for it....but now? I am a long way from having it paid for...got it in July....but I can see that I will get it paid for! Mine is a used Freedom...2010 model....and wonderful! Love the machine, love the people that come to me, love the freedom of working on my own time...and love this forum!!! Thanks to you all for your posts, advice, and willingness to share!

Been there, done that! I hid from my machine the first several months. Finally, after I practiced a little a friend brought me a quilt and said 'You WILL quilt this. I don't care what you do, just get it quilted.' Thank heavens for her pushing me, I've never looked back!

Just jump in, the remorse will soon be a thing of the past!

Welcome to the Forum too!

I had been reading the forum and wishing for 4 years, quilting on a megaquilter and wearing it out when we decided I just might be able to swing the machine of my dreams. Daughter and family were moving from Colorado to Iowa, so on a trip out to help pack we stopped and looked at a Millie in Omaha with a 14' frame. Decided we only had room for a 12' and had seen one listed that day on the forum so made a phone call and bought "Gracie" while driving to Colorado. When I hung up the phone I hoped I hadn't just made a horrible mistake. Hadn't seen the machine, didn't know these people, would I be able to master this machine and have enough business to pay it off. All those worries were for nothing, it has been a great almost year since I got my machine and have it nearly paid off. Sometimes you just have to have faith and take the plunge.

Archived