Stitch Regulator Problem

I am stitching a custom quilt and today when I turned on my machine the stitch regulatory will not work. It was fine yesterday! I press the green button on the left and then get the beep, push the blue on the right and it sarts to make the sound that it is in SR mode. However when I move the machine nothing. I have been able to do a couple rows of stitch in the ditch by keeping the blue button and the other little button on the right depressed. I am afraid I will really screw up my machine. Very frustrating since this is my only day off to get this quilt done for my customer.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Pat

I had a problem like this and called tech support. They had me pull the mushroom cap off the handle where the buttons are (just the hard plastic top part - not the grip part), unplug the connectors inside and reconnect them. This worked for me.

If this doesn't work, and the controller on the other side of the machine is working, you can disconnect and take the matching mushroom cap from the side that is working and switch it to the side that isn't working. (If the right handle is the one not working, get the right handle from the other side - not the left handle). If you're disconnecting the cap from the rear, you have to disconnect the wires underneath the bar that the handles are on before you can get enough slack in the wires to take the connector in the controller in the handle apart.

I hope this is clear. If not, call tech support in the morning, and good luck.

Well I unplugged them and reinstalled them. The left works fine and now the right blue does not do anything. I have to get this quilt done and this is frustrating. Sorry. I just have 3 quilts due and this is bad timing. Might try the tech number now but I am sure they work regular hours. I work all day tomorrow maybe I will get my hubby to call.

:)

Pat

• 3 months later...

I am having a similar problem. When I am in the stitch regulator mode working from the back of the machine I have to keep the blue button on the right handle depressed or it stops stitching. I was wondering if using the Hartley fence to do circles may have had something to do with it. The handles on the front of the machine work fine. I will try and call next week with phone in hand and see if anyone can help.

• 3 weeks later...

Iwill have to get in touch with someone next week. I am trying to finish a Golden Double Wedding ring working from the front of the machine because the blue button on the back right handle does not work unless you hold it in the entire time. I am ruining the quilt. Trying to do outline but it keeps going all over the place. It really should have been hand quilted. The first Double Wedding Ring I made my neighbor hand quilted for me. I hemmed all her pants. She baby sits her grand kids now and has no time. I am really not getting the hang of free motion on the Millenium. May have to invest in the Compuquilter if that even would work for me.

I'm having a similar problem. I cleaned the SR wheel and there must be a bigger problem. Sometime it won't stop and sometimes it skips stitches. I will call Mon. to see about some help. In the past I unscrewed the wheels of the machine & SR but I'm getting a little tired of the problem.

Hi Marie

Have you checked that the rubber wheel is turning inside the large black/brown wheel. Is this only happening in one direction either horizontally or vertically. Vertically, its the rubber wheel on the head's axle that needs to be moved into the bigger wheel, horizontally its on the one on the carriage.

I don't know what to suggest about "...sometimes it won't stop...."

good luck

sue in australia

Archived