Hobbs Batting

I have been long arm quilting about a year and use either cotton or Hobbs Polydown. I really like the Hobbs Ploydown but I am wondering what the difference is between that and the Hobbs 80/20. Also, which one will give more loft? Often, my customers want some loft to show in the quilting. I would appreciate comments about Hobbs 80/20 as I am wondering if I should purchase some of this and have it also available for customers or if I should just stay with the cotton and polydown.

I still consider myself new to quilting but have used Hobbs Polydown...low loft and Hobbs 80/20 and I have liked both of them. My last bolt was Quilters Dream Puff and I love that one! It has great definition! The quilt is nice and supple when done. Just nice to use...happy with it. Of course, I will still use the others, too..lol

Thanks for all the tips. I am definitely going to try to 80/20. I looked at it at a store today--it wasn't Hobbs brand--but I liked that it was cotton with some poly in it--it seemed dense and yet not flat like cotton. I really do not like to use cotton on my own quilts because I do not like the real "flat look--but yet, sometimes I also do not want a lot of loft either. I have an old fashioned looking quilt I just made (it has old fashioned pictures of people skating) which I do not want loft in but I also don't want the shrinked up look with the cotton from washing--so I think it will be the perfect quilt for me to try the 80/20. Thanks for all the advice.

Archived