"Baby it's cold outside"!

Guest LA

Guest Linda S

We had a bunch of snow last night, but by this morning, it was almost all gone.

Sylvia - in Oregon, where Linda and I live, there is rarely any snow in the Willamette Valley. Well, to the north, around Portland, there is. I think it is because we live fairly close to the coast and get more tropical air coming into the state than air coming down from the arctic. It rains a lot here in the winter, but we don't get much snow. However, we can drive just a bit to the east and be up in the Cascade mountains, where there is lots of snow in the winter! One of the best things about the Willamette Valley is, you can drive an hour to the west and be at the beach, and an hour to the east and be in the mountains.

After living for several years in Geneva, NY (near Rochester), I don't miss having tons of snow! I do, however, like to see a little here and there.

Linda

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Linda, I am so in love with your "Quilt Mobile"!! I am so jealous! I've wanted a Hummer for so long...my husband thinks I'm crazy! There's just something about 'em.

We are having some crazy weather here in northwest Missouri. We live 4 miles south of the Iowa border. We went to Kansas City yesterday to do some Christmas shopping and it rained so hard about halfway that I thought we were going to have to pull over and wait it out. :mad: Plus the lightening and thunder.....in the last of November. By the time we got to K.C. there was no rain and it was something like 63 degrees. Really springlike. On the way home we ran into the rain again and it rained off and on all night. At about midnight it was doing the lightening and thunder thing so close that I had to shut the computer down. My little Yorkie (Rusty) was on my lap and really jumped at the loud thunder. Like I said, really strange weather for this time of year. Feels more like spring. So far we haven't had any snow, but I know that we are going to get slammed before I'm ready for it. If you don't like the weather in Missouri, just wait 5 minutes and it will change!:P

I just love the H2's........They're such fun to drive!!

My kinda color too!! I had a Silverado in that color.......I had to up-grade to a Tahoe to pull a trailer..........love the tahoe.

Snow would be wonderful! So long as I someone else shoveled it out of the way...............

If your in the right area after it snows it's so quiet and peacful...

Great day for soup, the sewing machine and big fuzzy warm slippers..........in PJ's of course.

!Tish~

Originally posted by (name removed)

[/quot

I am with Penny too - send me all the snow you can! Woke up to a thunder

storm and it has been raining here all day - over 50 degrees - really weird

for this place and time of year! I am waiting - very impatitently (sp?) for a

HUGE snowfall - storm, I LOVE the kind where I stay home and just want

to bake cookies! I do to!!:P As long as I have milk and the the house is

warm - its all good! Even if the kids are home from school - we have fun!

Linda A - very nice ride - I like the color too - Enjoy!

Linda in R - you are so funny! I like to visit the white sandy beaches, but

not this time of year- I have not had a good dose of the frozen white stuff

yet!! I'm sure come Feb. I will be ready for that warm air!:D A couple of

years ago we went to Florida for the first time in Jan - so weird to come

back to icy roads and cold - shorts to snow coats!

Phyllis, You're photo looks like a christmas card scene. We used to get lots of snow here in Portland but not any more. WE do get ice storms, usually in Jan or Feb. The one they are predicting for Thursday is unusual. Enjoy the snow and White Christmases for those of you who who are in those areas.

Here in Durango Colorado it has been snowing off and on since yesterday afternoon. At the house there is about 4 inches on the ground but 2 inches have already melted. Sunday I had the windows open in my sewing room and it was 65 degrees for a high. It has been a slow start to winter here. I am like the warm weather ladies not sure how much of this I will like. We moved to Colorado 4 years ago from El Paso Texas where this time of year it is still 75 degrees. As long as I am quilting the snow doesn't bother me too much.

Linda S...........S-hhhhhhhhhhh.....WINK!!!

Mum's the word.......the cats out of the bag .....

Usually my plain jane YELLOW H2 is very comfortable up on a book shelf!!! Today he just needed to get out in our new snowfall.....

I've been laughing myself sick, waiting for someone to "notice".....ha ha!!!!! :D:D:D....Yip....I'm a sick-ooooo:P

You did good Linda S.

People who like orange have personalities of risk taking and are the life of the party wherever they go. I don't imagine that snow is going to slow you down. Congratulations on the cool wheels! Can you do 360s in the snowy parking lots with that QUV?

It was very comfortable on the golf course today even though I had to wear a light jacket. All summer I felt like I had cabin fever while confined due to the 117 temperatures. It now feels like the summer I know from growing up in Michigan.

Great to meet you at AZ Longarm gathering, SueinScottsdale. Vicki

I would LOVE to own a Hummer, but my husband absolutely refuses to own one. He says that he spent enough time in those things while in Iraq and wouldn't know how to react to riding in one that doesn't have a very large gun attached to it in some way, shape or form. So, I'll have to settle for drooling over yours!

BTW, here in Westcliffe, Colorado we are finally receiving the snow that has been threatening to fall for the last 48 hours! I am wondering if my brats will even make it to school tomorrow by bus! Guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it!

Take Care all!

oh boy, it is starting for us today. It is 6:30 am and the wind is howling. Yesterday it was 72 degrees when my DH came home from work at 6:30 pm. Today it is 38 and dropping. They expect the ice and winter mix to hit us this afternoon and evening. Maybe I should go buy a H3...;) don't I wish!!

The Brats got on the bus at 6:48am this morning. Early? nope. 8 minutes late. I did have to drive them down the driveway so that they could catch the bus this morning. They are usually on the bus from 6:40 am to 7:50am in the morning and from 4pm to almost 5pm in the afternoon. But hey they only go to school 4 days a week here so they really don't mind the bus trip.

I took this picture facing up the drive while waiting for the bus this morning.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow:D

Alrighty my friend Linda B. you are so cute & funny!

We really should be quilting, but thought I would share these pictures of what happened at our place last night, on the hood of a FORD no less!:P:D;)

With a little help from Thomas we had a strategy, carefully lining these up, lord the kid is going to have my personality some day!:P

Ramona and Sue, I'm with you guys. I live up in New England and when I look at some of the posted pictures, especially from our Canadian friends, I could just cry because I know what's heading my way. Yes, it's beautiful to look at when it just finishes snowing and all the trees look frosted and sparkly, but the bitter cold, the wind, the slush, the chapped hands are for the birds. Hmmm, does anyone know if they have 220v in Bora Bora, I'll need some place to plug in my machines. Good luck and safe driving to you guys in the North West, I heard this morning on the news that you were having some awful weather. DB

Archived