Stitch Issue

Stitches

I have IQ on my Ultimate I and have issues with the bottom tension from quilt to quilt. I just took off a quilt that looked great and loaded another quilt to find the thread on the bottom was just laying there. I have been told that once the tension is set, it doesn't need to be tweaked. Any suggestions?

Donna

It doesn't need to be tweaked as long as nothing else has changed. Since you put on a new quilt, are you using the same batting? Is your quilt sandwich tighter or looser? Did you change thread either on top or in the bobbin? Is the fabric in the new quilt different? Maybe some batiks or flannel? Did you clean out the bobbin area of lint from the previous quilt?

So many questions!! But those are all factor that might have an effect on your tension. If nothing changed in the way of your quilt, I'd say maybe it's an issue with lint in the bobbin assembly somewhere.

Good Luck!!!

I changed So Fine thread top and bottom and a new needle. The quilts are quilt shop fabric with 80/20 batting in both. This is what confused me that the stitching had changed. I will add that this is not the first time that I had this happen. I will check the bobbin case. I hope that it is this simple to solve.

With IQ, do you set tend to set the top tension loose?

Thanks for your help, Debbie!

Donna

Guest Linda S

Regardless of any other thing happening, I test the tension of each bobbin as I put it in the machine (even though I use Magna-Glides) and I crawl under and look at the tension after I've gone a few inches. There is nothing worse than the heartbreak of finding bad tension or bird's nests on the back when you finish.

Archived