Superior glitter thread

I'm having a terrible time with this glitter thread breaking a lot (Bottom Line in bobbin and I'm using a 4.0 needle). Does anyone else have this problem and how do you set your tension? Additionally, my problem intensifies because my customer used fusible webbing to attach large mittens and a HUGE snowman...lots of layers to go through. :mad:

I originally tried using metallic thread, but couldn't get the tension set correctly after trying for over an hour, so I gave up.

Linda Stellar:

When you say you use a 16 needle, is that the same as the 4.0 needles we get from APQS? What other types of needles will work with our machines and where do you get them? I got some 3.5 and some 4.0 needles. I also got some 3.0 needles from somewhere, don't remember where. Do the needles go larger than 4.0?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Linda S

Oh - sorry, I just came back to this thread, so I didn't realize you had asked a question. A 16 is the same as a 3.5. I think the key to using threads like this is to loosen your tension. You may also have to loosen the bobbin tension. I used several Superior threads in one day on an art quilt and had no trouble with them breaking, as long as I loosened up the tension.

Linda

Archived