Help With Long Arm Purchase

otterpc

Greetings,

I am interested in getting feedback regarding a good machine to buy for a first timer. I have done about 20 quilts on a rented longarm and have done a pantograph only once. I can't really afford the bells and whistles on a computerized machine right now - but would like some advice from those who are experienced. I've quilted on a Nolting without a stitch regulator and it worked all right. I've also quilted on a Gammill. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you - Patty in Monterey Bay, CA

Patty,

You need to try out the APQS. I have a Millie, so I have all the bells and whistles, but you could try the Liberty, not sure of the others. Also, check the "classified" section on this forum, there are machines listed there for sale. Above all, go to the home page of APQS and look for a dealer in your area. I am sure they won't pressure you to buy, but will be able to answer all your questions and let you test drive a machine or two.

I am your closest dealer up in Livermore. Feel free to call me anytime to try out one of our machines. No obligation. It does help to test drive to see for yourself. We have machines for most levels of quilters. You may like our Discovery. It is 20" no bells an whistles. Nice light smooth machine. We can talk about the price differences and why you would or wouldn't want certain features. Of course you will receive much valued input here as well!

Archived